1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Who is your Bit-Tech legend?

Discussion in 'General' started by §§..., 14 Aug 2009.

1. §§...

§§... What's a Dremel?

After some of the reminiscing of BT members come and gone in Doug's goodbye thread, i thought i'd start this for people to say who their bit-tech legendary user(s) is. The one that inspired them to sign up, and say "i'm in" to the BT forum community.

For me, on the tech front, it has to be mashie, linear and macroman, their mods and expertise really set the standard. For other general stuff, specofdust seems to stick in my head, he helps make general forum quite enjoyable to read the intellectual banter and arguing of topics, for those of us not as articulate to post good responses. (at least i help make up the ad revenue numbers :D)

There's of course plenty of other household names, but these are the ones that started it for me.

How about you....?

2. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

Honestly I miss CK

3. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

Mankz, Relix, Nexxo and Jhanlon303 all for their awesomeness, which was what made me sign up.

But, what really kept me coming back in the time when I was lurking where the really amazing mods that I was looking at so Langer and Craigbru are those who come to mind first.

Finally all of the Bit-Tech staff for creating such a great community and website :)

4. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Glider has disappeared i feel, but all the classic's still remain. Captain Slug has with drawn to poor health, Langer is too busy with real life.

Oh and bindi, he is a legend!

5. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

It's got to be Nexxo for me.

6. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

used to read the article section from time to time when I was active on evga.. sometimes you guys had some good articles- back when tim used to write them alot.. he reminded me of myself in alot of ways..

then saw nexxo.. how can you not jump into those- he writes so eloquently and actually makes sense- you might not always agree, but he doesn't care :clap: there's actually a good handful of users here that post good stuff in the tech and general section.. same kind of thing before got banned off evga for pissing off a mod, they had some folks who loved hardware and liked to talk about it.. grown to like joe's game reviews too

oh yeah major.. he was funny

7. Combinho

It's been a while since Major 'left'. Good times arguing with his ridiculous views. But I wouldn't call him a legend, unless you mean legendary c**t. And I don't use that word lightly folks.

boiled_elephant likes this.
  8. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

lol oh yeah well he stirred it up though.. every forum needs one to stay entertaining

actually remember this one troll on evga.. he got a long time member so pissed he left- one night he spammed under his name with a . on the end he was gay and how he liked buttsecks- it was seriously one of the funniest things ever.. and it was on a sunday no mods around, didn't get taken down for day.. poor guy was so mad about it all, he left and never came back XD he used to brag he had a high iq too- what made it so good, troll took him down to the basics

9. Combinho

He had overstayed his welcome by the end. Then he tried to return and get sympathy, leading to a permaban. I for one was not sad to see him go.

[​IMG]

I think that sums it up well.

10. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I miss G-Gnome.

His stuff and Boddaker's got me out of the closet. Was cramped in there. The current crop of Mods and forumites has a nice mix of seriousness and levity. Skilled craftspeople and some way smart folk that feel free to express ideas and share. The influx of younger less experienced modders is pretty cool. I hope they grow to be like
    G-Gnome, Boddaker, E.E.L., Cheapskate, Slipperyskip, Oldnewby, TheGreatSatan, mnpctech, Top Nurse, Sirocco, Milotica- Hell's Bells just look to any the thread starters. People from all walks coming here. Says a lot.

john

11. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Jhanlon303, although every one is a bit of a legend in there own way. This is my main form because of the community, including the staff.

12. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Bindi, Jhanlon, Nexxo, and currently I hold Prestdigitweeze in high regard.

13. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

G-gnome. He got me over here and I just had to stay and see the conclusion of his work of art.

14. kaujazz

kaujazz What's a Dremel?

ZapWizard is the one

15. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Oh man... Where to start?
    TribalOverkill, Greensabbath, GT69, and G-gnome were why I joined.
    Nexxo for seemingly showing up to help like he was summoned.:hehe:
    I haven't been here long enough to pick...I really should be making alist of the people who have made my drink exit through my nose:
    Mvagusta, EEL, John, and Clocker.

16. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

Don't forget to give GreenSabbath some love too!

Ah, cheapskate beat me to it.

Gotta say, once I realized I haven't been back here for months, Cheapskate's profile was the first I checked for new log threads to pour through - they're always choc-full of learning.

Who was it that made the WMD series of mods? G-Gnome? That's what inspired me to join the forum.

Last edited: 14 Aug 2009
  17. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Nexxo, John, Relix, Bindi.

Although I do like Harry just for making fun at :p

18. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

ZapWizard and linear were the two I can think of the most.

I'm not sure where ZapWizard is these days, something (7volts? seven-volts?)

but linear still has his website.

http://linear1.org/

19. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Bindi, mnpctech, John

I don't like ZapWizard's mods. :|

20. smashie

smashie Cupid Stunt

Linear, macroman and G-gnome for the mods but for pure entertainment I miss Penski.