1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Who wants a new dodge challenger?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mother-Goose, 30 Oct 2008.

1. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Nissan GTR - £52,900 (about $70,000 in US I believe) - 3,800lbs or there abouts - 3.8l V6 Twin Turbo - 473bhp - 434lb/ft torque - 0-60 mph in 3.8 (not including launch mode which takes it into sub 3 seconds - 1/4 mile = 12.3 - 120mph in non launch mode (11.6 sec @ 120+ in launch mode) 0-60 is official where as I had to get the 1/4 mile from a review of the car which stated in there tests they found it was quicker than the Z06

Is others but there more conering based cars over straight speed like quick lotus's and track based road legal cars like V8 caterham and V8 Aerial Atom.

2. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

I don't think the dodge challenger will be all that great..

Can't really replicate a proper muscle car...

I think the power delivery will be too smooth tbh!

3. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Some FYI: the majority of Dodge Challenger orders are still being withheld at the assembly plant due to continuing manufacturing defects and failures. This is hardly breaking news since the estimated validation success rate since its inception has always been below 20%; and all of Chrysler group's vehicles ranked last in the market in build quality/durability, anyway.
    Of course, the ZR-1--a highly tuned version of the base car Corvette--is difficult to beat when its primary competitors are still untuned, standard base models (997 GT2 aside). I'm anxious to see what Nismo is doing for the obligatory V-spec or R-/Z-tune GT-R to even the playing field with the Corvette ZR-1.:nono: Historically, the V-spec performance packages have always been less than 10% premium to the total cost, keeping the 2009 GT-R still under $90,000.

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

aaaagh-psh...
    Dodge Viper ACR > Corvette ZR1 > Nissan GTR - at least round the 'ring...

5. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

it beats the ZR1's time?

6. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

yup... by 3-4 seconds...
    even though they say that the ZR1 is a "safer" car to drive...
    there's a video clip somewhere on YouTube of the ACR doing its thing around the ring. The driver hits the grass in one spot, sometimes doesn't shift when he should... all in all i'd say the viper COULD (in the hands of a more experienced driver, maybe - at least more experienced in that monster) shave another 2 seconds off the time, time it lost due to "bad" driving.

7. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Which is exactly what I like about it too.

If I'm honest, it's about posing, I'd buy this car to pose. It would be a second car for me, and you only have them to show off in and garner attention. The bonus with this is that it should be a brilliant laugh to drive as well.

8. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

[​IMG]

8.4L v10 anyone?

9. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

Viper drivetrain in that would be utterly amazing.

10. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I don't think this car would pass the European laws for pedestrian accidents... but then, you've got to be ****ing lucky to get hit by this car in Europe.

11. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Last edited: 3 Nov 2008
  12. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Yeh, but the charger looks better (just not in the SRT10 guise, the ACR definitely beats that)

13. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

If you're talking about the front lip, its detachable, the ACRs comes in the trunk so it can be road legal.

14. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That Viper ACR is a serious piece of kit. Hilariously fast tbh.

15. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Venom 1000 Twin Turbo SRT Coupe

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/images/Pic2.php?Item_ID=238

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hennesseyperformance/images/Pic2.php?Item_ID=142

"Venom 1000 Twin Turbo SRT Coupe. 1200 HP engine option. The first and only snake skin green Venom 1000 Twin Turbo. Available for immediate delivery. The Venom 1000 Twin Turbo is the only vehicle to go head to head with the $1.8 million dollar Bugatti Veyron and beat it in a contest of speed from 0 to 200 mph (ROAD & TRACK magazine - September, 2007 issue). "

16. glaeken

Back when the original Hennessey viper 800TT was out (around late 90s) they geared it to have obscenely fast 0-60 times. 2.8 seconds 0-60 I believe and, at the time, fastest in the world if I remember correctly (could be wrong on that bit).

17. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Those are all OEM production cars? Typically, automotive records are kept strictly for factory autos. In the '80s, automakers attempted to boycott RUF GmbH for their CTR, but they are, unlike Hennessy, an officially-recognized motor brand with fully independent manufacturer intellectual rights. If nonsensical warranty-without aftermarket projects were inducted into recordkeeping, there'd be no realistic figures representative of roadworthiness. There are 3000ps examples of my 1UZ-FE floating around, but that means nothing to the industry; maybe to the block's durability, but little else beyond that.

Last edited: 3 Nov 2008
  18. glaeken

You're right, non manufacturer times don't mean squat. And you could probably achieve the same thing with ricers that would blow up a few minutes after doing a run like that too. But with aftermarket companies like Lingenfelter, Hennessey, Rousch, Saleen, and others you can have a respectable non-ricer aftermarket car that will compete with exotics such as Ferrari and Lamborghini and for considerably less. Less being the key word here.

However with the current Viper ACR, it already beats the F430 on the track. It also costs the same amount the old 800TT venom used to cost...

19. knuck

knuck Hate your face

ugly but wtf holy power !

20. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Yeah... hennessey vipers were known ti be serious pieces of gear... Heffner makes some obscenely powerful aftermarket adjustments... check their site... 1600bhp SRT-10 Viper... a monster that lifts up on pullaway.
    But yeah... for an interesting read, read what Car And Driver had to say about the ACR viper (and yes, the ACR is technically a production car, which costs about the same as a Nissan GTR)... WOW... serious piece of kit

Tags: