1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Why are there no Christmas Games?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 20 Dec 2011.

1. nakchak

nakchak New Member

The only good christmas game i can think of is James Pond 2 : Codename RoboCod
    Hours of fun on the megadrive with that one, even if u could cheat/glitch the game and pretty much go straight to the last boss without playing a level by going alway to right of screen and stretching ur self upwards

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Pond_2

2. gosh

gosh Member

might have been mentioned but steam ? they make a game of playing games, often encouraging people to both buy and play games for some seasonal achievement instead of never installing it.

3. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Slingshot Santa, anyone???

4. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Well-Known Member

There might not be straight up christmas games out there, but PC developers can do something very special instead, something that the movie industry isn't capable of. They can update our existing games with seasonal content. It's a rapidly increasing trend, especially among indies. If you've been mauled by a pack of gingerbread men in Killing Floor, or had to survive 20 minutes of christmas music in Beat Hazard, you're already well aware of this.

And frankly i'm already sick of it. Gaming, my safe haven from the day to day ******** of the real world, is willingly desecrating itself for no real reason. I can understand businesses forcing the christmas theme down our throats, it's a valid sales tactic, but please if i've already paid for the game at least give me the option to enjoy it without random christmas decoration. Cave Story+ lets players toggle seasonal content, so why don't other developers think of that?

5. Civ2boss

Civ2boss New Member

6. eddieuk1983

eddieuk1983 New Member

Amiga Format did a Christmas Cannon Fodder edition

Tags: Add Tags