1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Why can't I get 1080i on Just Cause 2?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by zpikez, 23 Dec 2010.

1. zpikez

zpikez mod-pirate

So i got a gtx470 a couple weeks ago and bought just cause 2 in the steam sale to try out some directx 11 goodness and i cant get the resolution of the game to go above 720p. desktop resolution is 1842x1036 which fits my tv.
    Tried changing the desktop to 1080p which overscans but that didn't unlock the option in game.

can anyone help me?

2. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Nvm, misinterpreted OP.

3. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I would hazard a guess at it being because your TV is a TV, not a monitor, and is not running a standard resolution, and doesn't support standard resolutions.

Might also be something to do with how the resolution handling is done in the game, maybe it only allows resolutions that the TV properly supports.

Also, do PCs even do i resolutions?

4. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

^I was going to tell OP to try to add his res to the config file, as that's how you usually get silly uncommon resolutions like that working, but then i realised that he says he can't pick anything above 720p.

Maybe the game sees that it's a TV and figures that TVs are either 720p or 1080p but since this doesn't go up to 1080p it just sticks with 720p.

So in the end maybe manually messing with the config file might be it after all.

5. zpikez

zpikez mod-pirate

i know its not that its a tv, my mates pc can do it fine... im sorry for the dumbness but i couldnt find the config file in my maze of steam folders, im thinking mabie its nvidias driver compatibility although ive seen the 470 tested with just cause 2 so that cant be right =/

6. Pieface

Pieface Modder

What's the resolution of your friends Monitor?

7. zpikez

zpikez mod-pirate

i tried his pc on my monitor

8. zpikez

zpikez mod-pirate

bump for still needing help with this problem