1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Why Dell, why?!

Discussion in 'General' started by RinSewand, 13 Oct 2008.

1. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

yep, this is why all the dell stuff we have here (mum's pc etc, i dont want to deal with looking after that **** :p) is bought through my dad's company's business account at dell
    even get stuff a bit cheaper than listed through the account manager too
    although they dont knock much off for desktop stuff, will often knock a couple hundred quid off of more expensive servers and the like though :)

2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Wow, XPS 1710 w/7950GTX for £649. Good find.

3. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

tbh, for as long as i'll have access to apple's academic discounts, i'm sticking with them for laptops. free 3yr warranty and 15% discount makes them well-priced, and i get the mac shinyness AND windowsability! so yeah basically i'm bragging.

/is buying a new mbp in march next year

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

You're definitely supposed to pick one up this afternoon. Or evening I guess, given the time zone differences.

5. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Did you pick one of the custom colours? If so the reason one of my orders of three dell studio 15's was cancelled last week was because the colours were incompatible! Bloody madness!

I order lots of dells and to have my order cancelled with no warning was not impressive. My dell contact is getting bloody awful.

6. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

bank account says no :(

(also my current MBP is just fine)

7. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

chrisb2e9 - I'm always polite to customer support, I know it isn't their fault, I'll only get arsey if they have no comprehension of simple problems and fail to help, like reporting a missing replacement card to Abbey and being told I needed to give them the card number...
    Gordy - only if custom is the default black.

An update though: Got an email back from customer support being very apologetic stating an "internal error" caused my order not to be processed, but i'm welcome to order another... So i was planning on ringing up tomorrow as by the time i finished uni today customer support was shut. However, I just got another email telling my dell will be delivered on the 11th of november?! WTF? Need to ring up tomorrow to confirm it's cancelled or not. The online order status now shows that it's still in production.

So either I'm getting my origional Dell, for the origional price OR
    I'm getting nothing but screwey automatic emails and I'll be waiting in vain for the laptop OR
    They've now reinstated my order and charged me 400 times in the process OR
    It's been cancelled and I order a Viao (similar spec for £10 less) tomorrow...

Will update when I ring tomorrow morning. Cheers for the support guys!

*edit* Just checked and the new link has a different order number on it, so perhaps the kinda people reprocessed it without asking, good job I didn't take thier word for it and buy the Viao I saw today... roll on the support hours... *edit*

RwD

Last edited: 14 Oct 2008
  8. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

+1 For IBM. Thinkpads are bland but they work. And you can replace and do whatever you like to it without losing warranty. Fancy modding it? No problem. Get a broken one on Fleabay or FRU's off of IBM. Replace anything if you want.

9. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

A quick update, and after getting many emails and delivery dates about different order numbers, i got rung the other day and told it will be delivered once, for my origional price, a week before it was ment to be! go Dell!

RwD

10. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

Glad your problem has been solved!
    I <3 Dell...

11. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Yeay! A company which doesn't bend you over a barrel and f*** up up the a**! I wish Sony were more like that :sigh:

12. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

You wish sony would bend you over more often? :confused:

13. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

ofc

Sony's Hawt.

14. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Love my Dell to bits. Best money i've ever spent i think. Builds lovely, quiet,quick and looks hawt.

Glad you got it all sorted mate, hope you're happy with your purchase when it arrives :D

15. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

No, I wish Sony would stop using barrels and start using cushions...

And yes, Sony is VERY hawt. Though has its shortcomings....

Tags: