1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Why do my folder look like this??

Discussion in 'Software' started by AT0MAC, 1 Mar 2018.

1. AT0MAC

AT0MAC ~PC ninja~

I have a PC with very few programs on:

Google Drive
    One Drive
    Drop box
    Acronis True Image
    some antivirus
    some disk health things
    Windows 10

One of them have now turned the icon on one of my folders to look like this, I dont know what caused it and why, I dont seem to find any setting about syncing or sharing were this folder shows up.

[​IMG]

I have changed its icon back to the plain windows folder icon, I just don't like that it suddenly changed by itself, specially because it contains a lot of backup material as the folder name suggests

Any ideas what happened to it?

2. Corky42

Corky42 What did walle eat for breakfast?

Something changed the hidden file 'desktop.ini' that tells windows how to display the folder.

As you've changed it back it's to later to find out what changed it, i did a quick search to find the icon but couldn't, normally you would open the desktop.ini and be able to locate where it was getting the icon from by checking the following...
    Code:
    IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-112
    IconFile=%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll
    IconIndex=-235
    That's the code the My Documents folder uses for its icon BTW.

Last edited: 2 Mar 2018
  3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

That's not one of the stock windows icons, so my guess Acronis is the culprit... it's set a custom icon for that folder [which is no doubt intended to store any backups of images it creates].