1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Why Lian-Li?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ArmyAnt, 26 May 2004.

1. ArmyAnt

ArmyAnt What's a Dremel?

I have one, and I am not all that impressed with it. I was just wondering, why do so many people like it?

2. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

When they were really popular, they were about the best thing out. They had (still have) so much modding potential. They are light, since they are aluminum, and easy to cut up. Their stock cooling is much better than average. And they just look sexy as all get out!! :naughty:

Mine looked good stock for a while, but then needed some spiffing up so I cut it all up and lit it. There are seemingly infinte possibilities to what you can do with one of these cases. Just when you think you've seen it all, someone does something else amazing with a PC-60 that you had never thought of.

3. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

Overall solid quality case, I'll take yours off your hands for cheap. :D

4. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

There really nice quality case's, unless you get that cheap £30 case thay have in maplins

5. ndtinker

ndtinker Car Washoholic

The huge area behind the mobo tray that allows you to run most of your wires out of sight throughout the case, the lightweight, scratch resistant finish, and overall build quality. Lian's rock. Got 2.

6. jberry3

jberry3 What's a Dremel?

Why arent u impressed with it. They are excellent with the smooth looks (especially with stealth drives), nice brushed alu, excellent cooling, gr8 for moddin. Find me a case that can rival it.

7. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

i did used to think why lian li cases? i mean there expensive, not really much special about one, and id never seen one before i went to maplins ( way back last year ) and saw one for myself. it was remarkable, i HAD to get one, and now i do have one, not the maplins one though :) a pc7.
    I think this is the case ill stick with.

8. 0013

0013 What's a Dremel?

i do like the looks but i do not think they are worth all that money, but in my opinion most alu cases are too expensive (yes, i'm cheap) , but then again i am a huge fan of steel. (Fridge magnets!:D)

The weight wouldn't do that much to me anyway... dont do many big lanparties but to some people it matters.

But if they would be a lot cheaper i might consider them in the future, at the moment i have a steel "supercase" 132 waiting since my Celly 400 died and i salvaged the parts, time will tell.

9. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

I've never been impressed by the Lian li's they were never as good as the coolermasters were in their day. And mostly they were knocking off other peoples designs ie the g5 rip off they have just released. Sticking a cm next to a LL really showed who was the boss :)

10. Kermet

Kermet [custom title]

I think Cooler Master's old range was the best (got the 101-SX4 myself). Not to keep on their new stuff though, prefer some of the Lian-Lis...

11. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

i also am as cheap as they come, i could not reckon with giving up £100 + for a computer case! but i waited and i managed to find a 2nd hand one for £30!
    It was missing a few drive bay bezels, but i wasnt complaining! It even had the back grill cut out, and the power / hdd led's changed to blue /white! what more can i ask for?

12. TITAN

TITAN What's a Dremel?

I got a Lian-Li PC61 to review through a site I work for, and it's great. The features are all there (light weight, good cooling, removeable mobo tray, etc).
    It's my favorite case so far...:thumb:

Some Of My Cases

13. psikoticsilver

psikoticsilver What's a Dremel?

Quality. Simple as that.

They also have removable motherboard trays, nice features, good airflow all while being compact for those users who want that.

Myself, I don't see the big deal with them either, but I do realize they are some of the better pre-made cases around!

But I don't like small cases.

I want this one!

14. TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan Minimodder

I've got a ghetto steel case, but man o man I'd kill for a Lian Li, friend's got one he put a window in , looks beautiful :clap:

15. Predalien

Predalien What's a Dremel?

They're not cheap cases... but God knows I would do ANYTHING to have one. Love them

16. 1st time modder

1st time modder What's a Dremel?

about 1 year ago i was searching for a new case. One which looked very cool/elegant, and had no doors in front of the 5.25" bays. Later that week i went to Compusa, and there i saw it, a lian-li PC-82. I thought to myself perfect, then i looked at the price tag. (ouch) 200$ for a case. I knew i had to have it, so i bought it. I spent so much on it that i refuse to cut into it. :D Best case i have ever seen.

17. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

WHy are you not impressed with it?

I love mine. Quality is second to none.Well designed drive bay; beautiful finish to the anodised alloy; tons of room for a midi case; amazing amount of mounting hardware supplied; 4x quality 80mm fans included. What's not to like? The only thinh I can think of is you just didn't like the look of it... which is fair enough - each to their own :D

18. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

i truely fell in love with my pc71 the day i got it ...

popped out a drive blank to put in my dvd drive and felt how solid it blank was, and was totally amazed.

if someone put that much effort into something that most people wont even use ... you know they are serious about thier product.

19. ArmyAnt

ArmyAnt What's a Dremel?

To all the why not imprssed, I like to build cases from scratch. for some reason, slapping in a window and calling it modded doesn't please me. They are good quality, but with a dremel and a 30 dollar case you can get the same thing. I do think there quality, but I think thats 100 bucks that could go towards more RAM or better vid card...

20. Xero

Xero What's a Dremel?

i really like the lian-li setup myself... just how they keep it simple, you know...
    nice lines :D