1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Widescreen Gaming

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by fant0m, 24 Nov 2007.

1. fant0m

fant0m What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, I could really use some help.

I am currently running a AMD 3200+ on with a DFI Lanparty n4 mobo, 2 GB Corsair and a 7600 GS Video Card - I know, I know, it's not the best, but its all I can afford at this point - I have a E6600 Conroe sitting on my shelf waiting for a new mobo and ram.

But my problem lies with gaming. I play BF1942 - the predecessor of Battlefield 2. I have 2 19 inch widescreen monitors (Acer 1916w). The game is distorted. The text dosent match and the screen glitches. The game dosen't support my resolution of 1440x990 (or 900?).

I went into the video.con files and changed the resolution, to no avail. Does anyone know a patch or software program that will make the game(s) look better while playing on widescreen monitors?

Thanks in advance!

2. Seraphim Works

Seraphim Works What's a Dremel?

As far as I'm aware BF1942 doesn't have native widescreen support. Namely you're stuck with stretching it to fit the screen unless you run with bars at the side. The ini hack seems the only way to force the resolution.

3. judgedeath

judgedeath What's a Dremel?

4. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

I assume you've patched the game with the latest update (1.61)?
    What version graphics drivers are you using? If they're the most recent, it might be worth trying an older set :idea:
    And what version DirectX do you have installed - because the August update was released not too long ago?

5. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

bf1942 and vietnam dont support widescreen (i run a BFV clan). you can either use the ini hack as mentioned above though i found adding parameters to the shortcut wouldnt work at all (but for some games such as lord of the rings, battle for middle earth 2, adding params is the best option).

i gave up with my 24" widescreen for any battlefielding (1942, BFV, BF2, SP, BF2142) as it would make my monitor go off and on again in the 4:3 res and it was really annoying, i now just use a 17" 4:3

Tags: