1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Widescreen Projector, update: DEC 12 - 2006

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by The_Gnu, 26 Apr 2006.

1. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

Well there is different types of quality as in most cases. I managed to get hold of a type of lense with much more "detail" than the normal type of fresnel lense.
    Its a funny thing you mentioned that because I was thinking about that yesterday . Because there is a slight vissible blur at the moment and by moving the front Fresnel to the lampside I will get a more detailed image, butthen I lose the keystone ability :( . How big this differense is, is yet to be seen...results will be in the next and hopefully last update.

/GNU

2. doubble_d

doubble_d mystery box

mkt snyggt d måste jag säga........keep up the good work:D

3. NZ_mod_man

NZ_mod_man What's a Dremel?

I'm likeing the mod/build and would love to have a crack a it but how would i know where to put everything to get it to line up properly.:(

4. OvRiDe

OvRiDe What's a Dremel?

http://www.lumenlab.com/forums/index.php is probably the best single source for information, tools, and parts. You'd think I work for them, but I don't just a long time follower of the forums, trying to work up my nerve to just do it.. :D

5. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Sorry for the HUGE thread revival but after seeing your latest mod I just had to take a look at your projector and boy was it worth it. This is one very impressive piece of work, very very nice. You also helped me out with a problem I was having, with bending alu to make round corners, I always knew I needed a round surface but never worked out how to measure it up lol. This thread was an absolute joy to read.

6. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

O boy, yeah that was some thread revival but it's verry nice to hear you liked it. I hope you'll like the current project just as much. As for the projector it has been replaced by a commercial one with much greater image and brightness, but non the less it was a fun project and I learned a lot building it.

7. -Jv-

-Jv- What's a Dremel?

Hehe, just liek 'The Boy' I looked at this thread after reading your 'GET A LIFE' log. Amazing work you are showing off !

8. scarface9899

scarface9899 What's a Dremel?

I'm probably 10 yrs late to experiment on stuff. But this thread had me gobsmacked!! It even got me to register on this forum and try out something like this as a weekend exercise. Enough of riding about, it's time to make something for my Nephew.

What's the focal length calculation when using a first surface mirror in the "L" configuration?

If the fresnel focal is 180mm, the total length of both sides in " L " has to be 180mm? Or does a mirror at 45deg do funny things to the light?

Last edited: 11 Jan 2017
  9. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

:lol: YES! AWAKEN THE GNU!
    @Scarface - Welcome to Bit, BTW.