1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks WiFi or EoP?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Constructacon, 19 Jan 2011.

1. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

I'm moving to a new rental property where there is no phone line near where my office will be. I need to set up a network for my PC in the office (about 10m direct line of site from modem/router) and Lounge room (HTPC/Wii/Xbox - approx 10m but reflected signal or through 1 plaster wall). I transfer files from my PC to the HTPC but I have a USB HDD I can move between the 2 if file size is an issue. I also game a bit (FPS and driving games online) so need fast/stable internet in the office. Can anyone recommend whether wifi or ethernet over power would be the better option?

2. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

Is running an ethernet cable from the lounge to the office out of the question? That's the fastest and simplest method.

3. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Not really. We're moving into a brand new house from a falling apart one. The wife is super happy about how nice the new place is. I need evertything to be out of site to keep her happy.