1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Wii producing full-body aches

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 28 Nov 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

Jesus, are they blaming nintendo for their own physical shape and clumsiness? hope there are no lawsuits about this or i might die a little inside . . .

3. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

Hey fat people, stretch before playing on the Wii. Maybe if you are hurting while playing the Wii time to sell it and get a PS3 which is alot more lazy. LOL

Never saw the day that people will complain that they are lossing weight while playing video games.

4. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Hmm, the government should give out free Wiis to schools and fat kids. Obesity problem solved.

5. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

How can people hit each other with a remote! STAND FURTHER AWAY!!! wow, that was hard... and pets? close the door? don't let them in.. thats that solved.... wow! some people just cant accept that they fail at life and want to blame Nintendo for it! :(

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Now just to make em learn...

7. OldY

OldY What's a Dremel?

8. flabber

flabber What's a Dremel?

Hahaha, this is hilarious... blaming Nintento for their own sh*tty stamina and supreme clumsiness :D

9. Edhi

Edhi What's a Dremel?

^That site is hilarious.

10. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Hasn't been an issue for me. But then again, I haven't felt the need to bowl at top speed (do consider not releasing the wiimote like you would an actual bowling ball!) or swing the thing as hard as I would an actual sword if I had intentions of decapitating someone. That said, I think they should have included one of those rubbery grip things so people getting really into it are less likely to send the wiimote flying.

It's been a ton of fun so far for me. I think I've put a solid ten hours on it in the last two days, one of which I was headed back to school after break finished and the other actually having school. And a friend of mine gave Zelda a quick go and was having a blast (and was apparently very impressed by the graphics, though I think the last system he's played was an N64 or something). It's very pick-up-and-play.

11. Regenesis

Regenesis What's a Dremel?

Collisions being the "occasional occurance"? I feel sorry for the casualties of Wii.

How unfortunate for the people, animals and objects caught in the crossfire.

12. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Dear me...they do something different and what happens? People can't cope with holding onto something without throwing it at their telly and having to move whilst they game. :sigh:

<A88>

13. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

now i want this more than ever :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

things to do with my wiimote.... rubberize it with something similar to this .....create a stronger strap..... make the strap attach to a glove or something..... i think thats it....

edit: just forgot
    :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

14. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

Oldy thanks for that link. It was so funny.

Yeah I agree on one thing the strap looks a little thin.

but you don't need to whip the remote that hard to hit the ball in the game to max.

To all the dumb fat people out there, beware the Wii will expose your dumb and fat.

This is great for all the fat people. Rubbrized spoon.
    http://www.metku.net/mods/supergrip/items.jpg

15. riggs

riggs ^_^

Was that an accident, or done on purpose?

I mean, I wouldn't want to lose to a girl, but cracking her around the head is taking it too far... :D

I don't understand all this breakage though. Sure, the string on the handstrap looks a bit weedy, but how do you manage to accidently let go of it? Hell, us westerners have bigger hands than the eastern peeps - you'd think we'd be able to get a better grip on the Wiimotes.

Mind you, I'm saying all this having never used the Wiimote, so I may be way off the mark.

16. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

17. aggies11

aggies11 What's a Dremel?

While funny, this is all too true.

Every one of my friend's and I have been complaining about stiff shoulders and whatnot, the types of pain's we'd have if we were out playing sports. But instead it's from marathon sessions of Bowling and Tennis ;)

I've already smashed a lamp, and put the remote into the ceiling, bloodying up my knuckles something fierce.

To me, it's just a testament to the quality of the fun that you are having, that you forget you are in an actual living room. ;)

Aggies

18. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I said this would happen a while back. Just sitting back waiting for the courts cases to start.

But still, it will take a while for their bodys get used to the exercise. Like any sport, if your lazy and never do any exercise then when you start it hurts until your body gets used to it.

I say stop moaning lazy people and put up with the pain for a bit as it will get better later. Deal with it.

19. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

What a lot of these people don't realize is that a quick flip of the wrist is all it takes in all of those wii sports games. One of the videos on that site shows a guy playing tennis, and when he serves he swings the Wiimote like he's trying to throw a 95mph fastball.

If only gamers knew this their wrists were as good as their whole body they could be lazy again and avoid this so called "exercise" pff what the hell is that?

20. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

I wonder how many people in the Litigious States of America will get this point though (I'm sure most will, but there will be a few...). If I were a betting man I'd start a betting pool on how long it will take for the first case.

This silly thing might actually convince me to go out & buy a console. (I've never actually owned one before (although I remember having an Atari 2600 as a kid))

Tags: Add Tags