1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Wii U videos were from PS3, Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Jun 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 New Member

basically means that the final hardware hasn't been laid down

3. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Which is why the post about specs really told jack sh*t.

4. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I don't think 'incredible graphics', 'latest technology' and console quite go hand in hand lol

5. StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney New Member

If they're aiming for PS3/X360 levels of graphics here, I think they're pitching it at pretty much the same level as the Wii in performance terms. No bad thing as long as the price gets pitched as a similar level compared to the PS4/X720. The kind of games Nintendo's core audience likes (that blurry spot between casual and hardcore that can't stand Halo but pines for Goldeneye, spits on Final Fantasy but completes Zelda on launch day) don't paint the atmosphere on the walls with 50 different shader effects and scream "ARGHHH!!1!11 LOOK AT IT!1!!!111 IT'S ART!!!!11"

6. Mentai

Mentai New Member

Those 3rd party titles are going to look the same across all platforms anyway. The only way the WiiU can differentiate itself is if it plays them native 1080p instead of upscaling. Non exclusives will never take full advantage of its hardware, which is why being the most powerful console is kinda dumb (see the PS3's slow sales at launch).

7. grim5000

grim5000 New Member

lol

"You're going to see games that take full advantage of a system that has the latest technology and can push out some incredible graphics."

i swear it sounds like they are aiming for the levels of xbox360 and ps3 graphics and processing levels. and they are calling that latest technology, those systems are 6 years old and probably about 2 from the new ones. might as well just say it. they will never have a console thats anywhere close to matching the power of the newest ones in the same generation, and probably wont ever try.

Tags: Add Tags