1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Wii Virtual Console Info

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 6 Nov 2006.

1. plug_in_ross

plug_in_ross What's a Dremel?

But would anyone want to actually play Goldeneye or Perfect Dark on the VC Controller? Everyone knows the N64 Controller is the only controller you can use for these games. Using a SNES pad with some analogue sticks won't work at all.

2. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

That would work for me too But what if said friend isn't connected to the net?

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I've already paid for a lot of n64 games, I don't want to have to purchase them all again.

4. Darv

Darv Bling!!

You could use a Wireless Wavebird. The reason it won't work is because the GC controller has analogue shoulder buttons and the classic controller doesnt.

Also the classic controller is wireless in a way IIRC. I think it connects to the WiiMote and uses that to connect to the console with bluetooth.

Goldeneye and Perfect Dark could come to the Virtual Console but it could be quite complicated, especially for Goldeneye. Firstly Nintendo own the Goldeneye code because they published it. But EA/Activision own the James Bond licence and would need to agree to it or be payed royalties for it. I'm not sure if Rare would get a say in it. Perfect Dark on the other hand was published by Rare and so they own it (or Microsoft do now)

5. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

QFT

I bought 4 (new) from Gamestation a couple of months back at £15 each (cheaper than the wired controllers for some reason :D). Awesome pad

It would be better if the games were tied to a profile (the 360's idea seems robust - any gamertag can play on the console it was originaly downloaded on, but the game is tied to the original gamertag on any other machine - although thinking about it, if you bought doom on your mates 360, the game is tied to your gamertag, but as it was originally downloaded on your mates machine, wouldn't that mean it would be unlocked on both machines?)

Last edited: 7 Nov 2006
  6. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

they found a way to make you buy GC controllers even AFTER the Wii is out... About the ganes, it reminds me of Steam, but locked to hardware instead of account.

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

this might even be safer than locked to acount...... it cant be hacked and you cant be robed of your games.... remember steam?

8. BladeofTheImmortal

BladeofTheImmortal What's a Dremel?

Then bust in an SD memory card and DL it to ur friends HDD...

9. Zayfod

Zayfod What's a Dremel?

it would be nice if the downloaded games could be transported in the internal storage of the Wii Remote, like you can with the little Mii charecters, and then shared out to another console. Simmilar to how you can do multiplayer games from one cartridge over wifi on the DS.

10. Tyinsar

Please :read: before commenting on the conversation - your suggestion has already been discussed.

11. BladeofTheImmortal

^Please read my post and who I was responding too. That was about PS3s download service and not Wii's, but good job on catching that brother.

12. Tyinsar

I was quoted, it is natural that that indicates a response to me. , meh

13. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

when you manage to put an SD card into any sony device then feel free to brag about it.

14. BladeofTheImmortal

Doesn't the 600 PS3 come with an SD Media slot as well as memory stick, and one more format slot?

EDIT: Yes, I'm right...comes with MemoryStick / SD / CompactFlash slots.

Last edited: 8 Nov 2006
  15. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

According to C&VG

16. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan What's a Dremel?

PilotWings o_O Totally forgot that game existed! I wonder if Blast Corps will be available too! Although that was one of RARE's first N64 games, and thus, probably not. :sigh:

Still.... Pilotwings! W00t!

Tags: Add Tags