1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable Will avg for android slow down my phone?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by j4mi3, 18 Jan 2012.

1. j4mi3

j4mi3 New Member

i have a galaxy s2

i have noticed it has been sluggish recently, and just now, it completely froze when i tried to unlock it. I haven't even been on dodgy websites but il admit 80% of my use of the phone is from the internet.

a)do you think virus protection on mobile devices, such as the s2, is a must have? i didnt think so at first so i didnt get it

b)will background processes cause a significant speed loss on my phone

c) if i reset my phone to factory settings, will this likely speed it up to how it used to be? and my paid apps, will i still have to pay for them or is it like itunes when if you log in on the same account you can dl them for free

2. Farting Bob

Farting Bob New Member

The general consensus is that your wasting resources with an AV for Android. Unless you visit super shady websites all day on your phone you wont ever have problems. The most common thing people mistake for a virus is if they get random pop up ads, this is caused by programs you have downloaded and installed and gave permission to do so.

What it sounds like with your phone is something to do with the hardware or OS itself. Try a factory reset or send it back and get a new one.

3. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

with regards to C, yes, any apps you've bought, you'll be able to download again. I think there's a tab in the marketplace for it.

Any free apps aren't stored in your account though, so if you think you'll forget any, make a note of them.

4. j4mi3

j4mi3 New Member

ok thanks

anyone else had their phone freeze on them like this?

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

My sisters san francisco started running very very slow, and had constant ~100% cpu usage, I reset back to factory and it sorted everything. I think one or more of the apps was eating up the resources, but couldn't easily see which.

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

a) No - unless you are installing Non Android market software
    b) yes, but it differs depending on the app. I have a torrent app that uses almost 100% of my cpu power
    c) Yes it wil, and yes, you can re download them for free.