1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Will this LCD show through?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by error.ini, 7 Oct 2003.

1. error.ini

error.ini What's a Dremel?

I plan on putting some pre-tinted plexi over my drive bays, and in bottom 2 put one of these 2 LCDs in it. Do you think they will be bright enough to show through tinted Plexi when they're on? I think stealthed LCDs look so bad ass, and these would match my case scheme perfectly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

really depends on how 'tinted' the plexi is?? them displays look bright, hold a dull led up behind the plexi and have a look how much light you can see.

3. error.ini

Ah good idea! I'll do that when I order the plexi. Now I think it will work, because right now i have some like %20 tint, and dull leds show through ok.

4. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

MMMM, they should, smoked plexi tends to transmit more red light than any others, however they look pretty dim. If a normal brightness red led doesent show, I would suggest tring to get an VFD with a red filter.

5. error.ini

Do you happen to know of a site with cheap prices that ships in the US? *(for VFD)

Last edited: 7 Oct 2003