1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Will you buy the next xbox?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Neogumbercules, 28 Dec 2009.

?

Will you buy the next xbox?

1. Yes, I will purchase the next Xbox

31 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. No, I no longer trust Microsoft

25 vote(s)
    25.8%
  3. Maybe, I'll wait and see how it goes.

41 vote(s)
    42.3%
  1. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules New Member

Yeah two threads on the same day! Whatever.

The question is simple. Looking back into the billion dollar mistake MS made with their 60-70% failure rate xbox360, has your confidence in the Microsoft brand been shaken? Will you invest in the next Xbox console?

LOL I just realize how stupidly I worded my poll. If a mod can fix that for me....

Last edited: 28 Dec 2009
  2. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

No, I'm not really a console kinda guy

I'm still use my PS2 once and a while

3. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 New Member

Sure, I love my 360 even though I don't use it that much, I wish they'd open up the ability to put your own HD and support more codecs and bluray though, as well as a gigabit port and wireless built-in..

4. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules New Member

I think I'm in the maybe category. My xbox doesn't get much use as-is, so it hasn't failed on me...yet. However, with everything being cross platform these days, and being honestly more interested in Sony exclusives as of late, I think I would probably stick with PS4 or whatever it is.

Microsoft annoys me in many ways. Buying exclusives, overcharging for required accessories, and shoddy hardware all have reduced my confidence in the xbox brand. The $100 wifi adapter and overpriced 120GB hard drive are outrageous as far as I'm concerned.

Sony keeps getting a bad rap from the fanboys, but they did a lot of things right with the PS3. Integrated wi-fi, blu-ray, built like a rock, practically silent, free online service, and they use real money, not magic microsoft dollars to purchase things over PSN.

5. October

October Mariachi Style

I'll not be buying it, but not because I don't trust MS :lol:

6. AngusW

AngusW mmm

Sure, I'll probably wait till some friends buy it though because thats the main reason i own a 360!

7. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I didn't buy the original or the 2nd gen Xbox.

What makes you think I'll by the next one?

8. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Ive currently got all the current gen consoles so yeah ill probably get one, The harddrive thing did annoy me a little but ive now got the 250Gb drive and thats fine for a console imo. A more telling question would be who will buy the next nintendo console. Not me (the wii never gets switched on anymore!)

9. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Yep sure will.

10. Edge102030

Edge102030 Son, i am disappoint.

No. Never have bought an xbox, probably never will. The specs of the machine MS have put out are piss poor for the 360 and their stubborn on updates(hardware), the 360 is holding back cross-platform games on the PS3 and it feels like you've bought a freemium console(my brother has one)even though you payed almost as much as a PS3(atm).

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I care about my gaming hobby so no.

12. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

Aside for being pro-pc gaming.

The reliability issues with both the xbox 360 and the PS3 put me off buying either. Actually, I see the PS3 as being worse than the xbox as it's only got a one year warranty for everything. I've had friends who brought the PS3 at the launch price, and have then had to buy a new one due to the original failing. That's not how I want to be treated as a customer.

And my Wii gets no use. I'll not be getting any more consoles for a while I think.

13. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Probably will, but I'll see how it turns out first.

14. blizeH

blizeH New Member

Love my Xbox 360; won't rush out to get the next one right away, but will certainly get it at some point, yup :)

15. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish New Member

:eyebrow:

360 and PS3 are roughly equal
    the 360 has the better GPU
    the PS3 has a low spec GPU but a strange CPU to make up for it.

If anything, i'd say the exotic and awkward to program for CPU in the PS3 holds back cross platform gaming if anything does.

Personally i think it's a moot point as the two consoles are so evenly matched, what is being held back by them however is PC gaming...

Going back on topic, yes i'd buy the next 360 for games not on the PC. both consoles have their plusses and minuses, but MS is still the lesser of two evils here in my opinion, even with the 360's reliability.

16. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I probably would, but not for ages. I was a latecomer to the 360 and I still use my GameCube and ps2 (and the MegaDrive sometimes). Personally I'd never buy a PS3 because of my hatred for all things Sony (yes I hate them even more than MS), but if one was to fall into my lap for free I wouldn't throw it out straight away...

17. knuck

knuck Hate your face

i said i'd never own a ps3 so... who knows. Maybe at some point in time but it is definitely not in my plans at all

I became a PC gamer about 9-10 years ago and I like it

18. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Perhaps...It depends really.

I too have found myself leaning towards the playstations exclusives but I guess what goes around comes around and that is probably since I have exhausted all the xbox 360's games.

The failure rate isnt an issue - its no doubt going to be on their priority list to ensure another disaster such as the RROD or whatever the next reiteration will be, never occurs again.

It cost them £1 billion....thats allot of money to give up but they did it and all credit to them.

I am not so sure Sony would have done the same...I mean their ps1 and ps2 werent exactly reliable themselves what with all the laser issues.

Granted one thing I agree with is that Microsoft really pissed me off with the expensive accessories...by the time you get your wireless adapter and online play you have spent more than the bloody ps3 and that has blu-ray atleast!...Yeah thats annoying but I will wait and see what their next console is going to be like.

Sony however...I presume will have the advantage considering they own the blu-ray format itself so I wonder if Microsoft will attempt to license this off them for their next console? It will be interesting to see how they tackle this as I believe the ps3 is starting to come into its own now and their next gen console will have the advantage of presumebly having a blu-ray player once again in a time it will be the most used format while Microsoft will have to make do without?

One of the main reasons the ps3 struggled was the price...which came down to the fact that the blu-ray aspect cost Sony a fortune. This will no doubt become less of an issue as it is widely adopted and the same disadvantages wont occur...in fact they lost many battles in the overall scheme of things but did enough perhaps to win the war?

What do people think of this theory?

19. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 New Member

Actually, Sony are just one company in a fairly large consortium called the Blu-ray Disc Association. The trouble is, MS will spite itself, forcing users to download huge files over 2mb broadband (if you are lucky), rather than adopt a format it has been trying to compete with.

Personally, I've already been burned by the 360 with hardware failures, accessory costs and a whole load of really disappointing exclusives, so I'm sticking with whatever Sony bring out.

20. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

I have never and will never buy an MS console, and I hate Halo.

Tags: