1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Will you buy the next xbox?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Neogumbercules, 28 Dec 2009.

?

Will you buy the next xbox?

1. Yes, I will purchase the next Xbox

31 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. No, I no longer trust Microsoft

25 vote(s)
    25.8%
  3. Maybe, I'll wait and see how it goes.

41 vote(s)
    42.3%
  1. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

That's pretty much what I did with the 360, not usually a whole lot of point buying any console at launch unless you've got money to burn IMO.

2. Burnout21

Burnout21 Is the daddy!

i think MS has learn't from its troubles with the 360, so the next gen should be solid, or it costs them more in the long run. the X360 has cost MS alot of money due to the failures.

The next gen will be odd aswell, mainly because of what the media the games will come on? They pushed the HD-DVD rom drive but the format has lost out big time against the poorer Blue ray media.

Could MS in this sense be the first to develop there Xbox live system so its a purely downloadable content only, with the ability to backup onto an external HDD with some sort of protection that no doubt Russians will crack with in weeks! lol!

There are alot of questions to ask where console gaming is heading, and i think having the best graphics isn't the money making scheme to follow any more.

Just look at how successful the Wii has been! Its cheap and everyone loves it. The next generation of the Wii is dead simple for Nintendo as well all they have to do is give it a HD output so it looks ok on modern flat panel TV's.

I think sony will struggle to make the next gen playstation sell-able tbh, as most people have purchased them as a cheap blue ray player and media centre.

3. fev

fev Industry Fallout

I won't be buying it... I'll collect my free one at the launch.

4. slugs

slugs Member

probably but i may wait a while to see what my friends do. i mix up between a pc and my console most of the time anyway

5. daniel_owen_uk

daniel_owen_uk New Member

Loved the halo series, but that's gone now anyway.

Recently the games I am playing are Fifa and MW2, if I was to play something else it would probably be FM3, and lets face it PS3 has GT when it's released.

I would buy another one, because my friends have xbox, but if I am honest I would buy whatever is the best, not just because it's MS.

6. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I had an original Xbox but I told myself to wait until something mega-good came out on the 360 before splashing out the £300 it was at launch. Even though the price has come down, I'm still waiting for the ground-breaking must-have game.

Next Xbox? No thanks.

7. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Didn't buy a PS1, a PS2, a PS3, the Xbox or the Xbox 360. I have no intention of buying the next one either. I can see myself getting a Wii for when people come around though.

8. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

I wont get one right away, but eventually I probably will - I like the xbox, and although they have had problems they will surely realise this and try to fix it in the future (after all, they arent in it to lose money!).

9. Edge102030

Edge102030 Son, i am disappoint.

Would you mind explaining how HD DVD is better?

10. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Like Edge said, how was HD-DVD superior to Blu-Ray?! lol

I'm guessing Blu-Ray 'might' be around for a little while longer seeing as they've devised a way of releasing 3D movies on the format.

11. KrunchR

KrunchR New Member

^I've never played Halo and never wanted too, But I own a 360. Its failed twice and been repaired both times, free of charge, the last fault couldnt be repaired in a satisfactory time, so they replaced the console.... Cant fault them for that kind of customer service.

Although it was a pain in the arse as I had just purchased MW2 and it went RROD after 5mins....So I went straight out and bought a Elite....then sold the old console.

If the next Xbox is way better than anything out atm, and worth the upgrade, then sure, I'll get one.

12. Invictus.

Invictus. Member

All depends on when it comes out and pricing etc. and ofc if my friends get one

13. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Active Member

Maybe having a lower capacity is an advantage in optical media....oh, maybe not. :wallbash:

14. Edge102030

Unless you've realised you're wrong, blu-ray has a capacity of 50gb, and HD DVD has a capacity of 20gb(last i heard).
    Edit: HD DVD 15gb Blu-ray 25gb(per layer)

15. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I'll be waiting on this one... Just got my first 360 for christmas, got the elite and the accessories are excessively expensive such as the wireless adaptor, battery packs and whatnot, and i enjoy it but the cd drive is EXTREMELY loud and annoying. I have 3 ps3's now, an original 60gb I've had since launch that i put my own 250gb hd in, whisper quiet and never had an issue with it. My brother bought the 80gb which lacks the built in card reader, ability to play ps2 games and 2 usb ports, but it is still pretty solid, had his for a year. We just bought our parents a slim for the blu-ray since the ps3 is supposed to have the best ps3 drive on the market. Our wii see's minimal use, only really smash bros. I've always been a pc gamer but my brothers are more casual so they prefer consoles. Just like now, we will probably buy the next sony system immediately as we've been with sony since the ps1 days and we have 10 sony tv's in our home. We've NEVER had an issue with any of our sony products. As for xbox, we'll be waiting for the failure rates to decrease and for them to figure everything out instead of rushing the product and having defective power bricks and all that other nonsense that occured until they decided to replace the crappy xclamps. Also, so far live has been terrible, the few times i played halo 3 it was laggy, and call of duty mw2 is ALWAYS laggy on the 360 and we are on a wired connection. As soon as we switch to ps3 no issues. 360 was bought mostly because all our friends have em.

16. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Umm, just taking a guess here, but I think he was actually supporting your side of the argument...

Anyway, HD-DVD is better due to the faster read-times, less restrictive controlling organization and rights management, and some other stuff that I cannot be bothered to look up to post. Do your own damn research on it! Single layer size doesn't mean anything when the format is technically inferior!

17. Edge102030

Apologies if you are supporting my argument Gavomatic.

18. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

it is difficult to grasp some meanings inposts. I also read it differently.

as for researchng the format, I have and Blu-Ray is the winner. but I guess the debate comes down to how you personally translate the differences into what values you want from your formats. would HD-DVD have the capacity needed to provide us 3D films? debateable.

19. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Active Member

With blu-ray, read times are fast enough and lets be honest, the "less restrictive" thing is a load of rubbish. Microsoft were well and truly in control of HDi, the software used for all of it's interactive features, there was no region coding and the DRM was weak, making it a liability for content providers and to top it all, it needed a mythical 3rd layer to get close to blu-ray's dual-layer capacity.

For all their posturing, MS knew HD-DVD was a dud, they could have incorporated a HD-DVD drive into their 360 line without resorting to a USB external drive, but they didn't.

20. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Thats exactly why i have a 360, my friendship groups are pretty much defined by gaming hardware Thoes who game on PC's and thoes who game on the 360.

I have my fingers in both pies.

All though the PC pie is much, much tastier :thumb:

Tags: