1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Win 10 Dynamic Brightness

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Strudul, 18 Oct 2016.

1. Strudul

Strudul ~

I seem to be having a weird issue since moving to Windows 10.

The brightness of my display keeps changing, but only seems to happen when browsing the internet.

I'll click a link, and the whole screen will get a lot brighter until I close that tab.

There seems to be no consistency, it's not like it's certain web sites or something, it just randomly decides it's gonna be bright while I look at pages sometimes...

FYI: I'm using the high performance power plan and adaptive brightness is set to off.

Any help?

Cheers

2. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

Could it be a monitor setting? I don't know how clever monitors are these days. Or maybe a video driver issue?

3. Strudul

Strudul ~

It's a TV and it's never done it before in the past 6 years I've been using it.

Could be drivers...

4. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

OK mate - sorry I can't be much more help

5. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I have the same issue with a laptop; disable adaptive brightness and it completely ignores me and keeps doing it anyway. Most noticeable with Steam for me; drives me insane.

Closest I've come to a workaround is ramping brightness right up to max, but that's hardly a fix as it's eye-burningly bright.

All in all, I'm actually disliking Windows 10 more every time it gets an update... :(

6. Strudul

Strudul ~

Installed the Win 10 anniversary update which (annoyingly) reset my colour calibration settings.

Instead of doing the calibration through windows 10 display settings, I did them through the NVIDIA control panel.

Noticed this option and changed it from auto to desktop.
    [​IMG]

Haven't noticed the problem since, but can't be sure it's fixed yet, will update later.