1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Win 7 bug may kill batteries

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Feb 2010.

1. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Yup, I have that issue. I don't have a battery life reduction, but I do get Windows telling me that my system may shut down at any time, despite having 4 hours and half out of it.

2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Questionable, because MS doesn't sell the Laptops with Windows 7 preinstalled, so I think the risk is bigger for Dell, HP, Acer and so on to get sued.

And I'm sure MS has something in the Eula that removes any and all responsibility if you install windows and not a MS approved Company.

3. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

Is this a SpamBot?

I've installed Win7 on 3 laptops/netbooks from different manufacturers with 2 XP and 1 Vista originally. I've had no problems at all with battery life. learn how to charge your batteries the most effeciently does actually help the lifespan of any rechargable battery. Go to the manufacturers website will general guide you in the right path.

4. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

I think that 7 has increased my battery life...
    However, due to Samsung being crappy when I first did it (and I haven't checked recently) there is no way to change the screen brightness. So it is always at 100% :D

5. frojoe

frojoe What's a Dremel?

I have had both xp, vista, and windows 7 on this laptop. None of them last as long as when I'm running osx, but 7 is the closest so far. Every once in a while with vista the battery would rapidly deplete, hasn't happened yet with windows 7.

Last edited: 4 Feb 2010
  6. Matticus

Matticus ...

Can you not do control panel > mobility centre. Then adjust the brightness from there?

7. SilverSilence

SilverSilence What's a Dremel?

God dammit, i thought my battery was actually screwed.. This explains why it only lasts 15minutes and i always have that gay "consider replacing your battery" message. Damn you Microsoft >=[

8. Dreamslacker

Dreamslacker Minimodder

Don't have the issue on my X60 with Windows 7 Ultimate. Then again, the ACPI driver isn't from M$, it's provided by IBM/ Lenovo (I had to download it manually) so that could be the reason why some laptops don't suffer the issue.

9. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

Ah that may be alright for Eee PC's as well, since they use ASUS ACPI drivers (pretty much the first thing you have to install). Still, I think I'll put off Win 7 on the laptop for now. Don't really need any extra overheads and as they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. In the mean time I can 'fix' my desktop :D

Tags: Add Tags