1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Win 7: netbook battery killer?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 26 Aug 2009.

1. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

I have to disagree about it killing battery, Im using Windows 7 Ultimate RTM on my ASUS EeePC 1000he and on power saver I still get 9.5hrs and on super performance I get 5.5hrs on average.

2. crazyceo

crazyceo New Member

It was connected via bluetooth not USB. Still I'm happy with the performance regardless.

3. DataCab

DataCab New Member

Properly configured, you can still get some very good battery life figures out of Windows 7 on laptops and netbooks. However, you have to set them up as such. If you install all the features and widgets and fobs that you would do with a desktop install of Windows, of course it will get lower battery life. If you install it with a feature set that keeps the fact it is a low-powered portable in mind, and you set your power settings as such, you will get a lot better result. Once we see some profiles coming out of OEMs and more drivers from manufacturers, then we might be able to take better stock of how good battery life is or isn't. These machines have drivers and profiles that are tuned to XP, so we would need to see installs and drivers for these machines tuned to 7. I think the title of Battery Killer is a bit overblown, if not purposely inflammatory. I wouldn't pass judgement quite yet until we see final builds with proper native drivers and adjustments.

Tags: Add Tags