1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition Win next-gen hardware with Asus and bit-tech

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 1 Jun 2011.

1. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

He was born with severe hydrocephalus as well as dual inguinal hernias, one incarcerated. He's somewhere close to the 20 surgery mark (having another Friday) and is still holding out, and when he's not doped up from surgery he's a pretty happy little guy. Like yesterday, when he got to see his favorite stuffed animal again after he got stomach acid on him.

Life revolves around him now. And somehow I'm fine with this.

Furymouse likes this.
  2. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Just talked to Bindi, and he's talking to CPC UK and if I understand correctly the ASUS people there as well.

I was wrong, they are looking at the situation. And I'm completely glad to be wrong here.

So please, the PM flood to Bindi can cease. Think of the Bindi.

3. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

I hope Bindi can get something cool happening for you and your little one... but I dunno if he can do it without his banhammer...

Maybe we should make a petition?

Either way, good luck dude :thumb:

4. itrush07

itrush07 Minimodder

Hmm, just hoping to get that kind of reward too.. :p

5. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Hi KayinBlack

First of all congratulations for sending in one of the winning suggestions that has won you a place at our event with Asus later this month.

As a fellow user and fan of dual-processor motherboards I hand picked your suggestion because it was close to my own heart :thumb:

Unfortunately, as I can now see from your posts, you won't be able to make the event as it's not possible for you to travel to the UK at the moment.

Hopefully we'll be able to meet up at some point over a beer and have a laugh about this one day, as we do have big plans for this event, and plan on expanding it globally in the future.

In the short time however we are in a bit of quandary, as it would be unfair to other bit-tech readers if we sent out any of the hardware prizes to you, when it was clearly stated that the event was in the UK in the original announcement. In fact, I've already received a couple of PMs from other bit-tech readers who forget to tell us where they live, and forgot the event was in the UK until they received the invitation earlier this week.

However, given that you did send in one of the original winning suggestions, I think I've found a good thing for you until we get the global events off the ground. I'll send you an PM with all the details as it's personal to you and hope that that one day we'll be able to meet up at one of the global events and discuss the merits of dual-processor motherboards at length.

thehippoz likes this.
  6. fir3x

fir3x fir3x

Hi, I got an email from Megan Wiffen and i replyed with my attention noted but i did not receive any response. Am I on the list or not.

I don't wish to give out my full name on a public forum but my first name is Alastair, I can pm if needed

7. ZodiacKiller

ZodiacKiller What's a Dremel?

Same here, got an "out of office autoreply" she should be back by the 17th , should get a reply then :)

8. fir3x

fir3x fir3x

I never got a reply so i phoned, it seems she never got my mail.

I suggest to everyone else if you don't get a response, phone the number in the signature section of her email

9. PelleK

PelleK What's a Dremel?

where can i see the winning suggestions?

10. zoea

zoea What's a Dremel?

I never got a reply email. Tried phoning today but no answer yet. Will try again later. Will someone from bit-tech please check and confirm my place is reserved? Put my mind at ease! thanks

edit: panic over spoke to Megan. All good :)

Last edited: 23 Jun 2011
  11. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

What a brilliant day! Was great fun meeting likeminded people and pushing some hardware to the limit, The team I was on was a great bunch of guys and it was so fun praying your last benchmark would go through :D I came away with a GTX 480 and a Crosshair III Formula. Gonna need to grab some DDR3 Ram :D

12. zoea

zoea What's a Dremel?

Must echo the above. GREAT JOB ASUS AND BIT TECH! Lunch was great, competitions were tight (and nail-biting), presentation was top notch and everyone was friendly and sociable. Going to need to get a sandy bridge myself, bagged a P67 mobo :) Lovely stuff.

Would really recommend people try and enter these competitions you never know you may just win. I had no idea how good my answer was but it must have been good enough. Asus rep there said they will try and do it a couple of times a year so keep your eyes peeled.

Once again thank you to Bit tech and Asus, and also my team who really knew there stuff. Go team 4! What a day !

13. BrightCandle

BrightCandle What's a Dremel?

Had a tonne of fun today. Swagged a P67 motherboard and some asus headphones.

The competition was quite close, we were overclocking some P67-M's with 2600K's and the GPU was a 560 Direct CU. 2 hours is not a lot of time to overclock the system and it was a mad rush on both rounds to post good scores. Hats off to the Asus motherboard though, despite being a mainstream micro board most teams got them to 5GHz stable or more (one team to 5.2 Ghz) within the hour. The ADATA RAM on the other hand wouldn't run at its XMP settings for any team which is a bit shocking!

Thanks to R&R for the 2 hours of team work.

14. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

I'm glad to hear you had a good time chaps.

It was really nice to meet you all, and hear your thoughts on Bit-tech and Asus.

Enjoy your prizes :rock:

15. ajfsound

ajfsound Minimodder

Indeed Madness_3d - we did a lot of praying, but it paid off! Thanks again Lizard - had great fun :)

16. ZodiacKiller

ZodiacKiller What's a Dremel?

Realy enjoyed the time there guys was lots of fun.
    The i7 2600k is a beast and we (team6) finaly got it stable at 5.2Ghz @ 1.52v :D (All on air too, great job thermaltake Frio)
    And the 560 was fantastic too, we got the core upto 1001Mhz @1.087v, was nice:)

BUT as i think everyone there was saying the adata ram was holding everyone back on a better overclock, corsair or g skills next time please :thumb:

Thanks bit-tech and asus for a fun day out :) :rock:

17. MrGumby

MrGumby CPC 464 User

Ah just got back home.
    I must say i really enjoyed the event. Its so much fun to overclock someone else's hardware. Especially when the ssd decided it didn't want to be detected after an overzealous overclock :lol:
    Oh and really grateful for the prizes. I just have to decided wether or not to swop my gtx560Ti for the Asus Matrix 2GB 5870?

A big thank you to Asus, James, Harry and Antony who it was a pleasure to meet. Also thanks to Megan for helping sort my friend out.

Id like to make just one suggestion, and that is a pro overclocker perhaps with some exotic cooling would have been nice to see there. Maybe to give us some hints and tips.
    :clap::clap::clap:

Tags: Add Tags