1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Win Nvidia’s GeForce 3D Vision kit!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Jun 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Dreaming

Dreaming New Member

I was excited until I saw it was OCUK. Ah well.

3. Cobalt

Cobalt New Member

Yeah; OCUK has never treated me well. Useful only for the occasional offer, so long as it isn't something that may be a dud and needs returning.

4. Grimloon

Grimloon New Member

I used to use them pretty much exclusively then all of a sudden I have to phone and confirm every order over about £25 (that'll be all of them then) so just don't bother any more. I think Novatech (either them or Scan) ran the same offer about a month ago as well so others may do the same in the future.

5. tejas

tejas New Member

True OCUK have awful and rude service although I did buy one of those bargain XFX 4870X2's from them for £249.99!! What a steal!

The only reason I did is that if I get a problem with the card I can always contact XFX!

6. Teq

Teq Member

Shame I'm not buying til the end of July, I've never understood fanbois and will just buy from whoever has the best deal and customer feedback combo, I for one have no problem with OcUK though haven't returned anything since their early days...

7. droitwichdosser

droitwichdosser New Member

8. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I think you should avoid OCUK.

9. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

Wow. I was planning on picking up a new card already and had been considering getting it from overclockers. Those reviews are pretty damning though :(

Anyone recommend another place I can pick up a Gainward GTX 260 Golden Sample Core 216 896MB? Are Novatech ok? I was going to go with Scan originally but their postage outside of the UK is... complicated (I'm in Ireland).

Last edited: 15 Jun 2009
  10. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Win Nvidia’s GeForce 3D Vision kit! Why because no one will buy it so we have to get rid of these some how.....

11. rjkoneill

rjkoneill New Member

overclockers are a great company with some really helpful and hardworking staff

i can see why there might be a bad reputation around them

since they have moved to the new premesis, a highly professional stance has taken hold of the company

i suggest you give them another go as you would note a marked improvement in service, RMA and support issues

Last edited: 16 Jun 2009
  12. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK New Member

So much bad rep for OCUK here?, I have been using them for years, and can say they are fantastic, only ever had one problem with a poorly packed OEM hard drive, which was resolved with no issue, RMA returns have always been handled extremely well with faulty goods (the nature of PC hardware these days it happens). (go to pcworld if u think for 1 second OCUK are bad).

13. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

Oh Jesus No! I don't think anyone was suggesting they were THAT bad!

Tags: Add Tags