1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 10 x64 Pro

Discussion in 'Software' started by antipcw, 15 Apr 2020.

1. antipcw

antipcw Minimodder

All of a sudden, just out of the blue, after I had re-installed some software this afternoon, I now all of a sudden get a faint in grey overdubbed message in lower right hand side of monitor that my current Windows 10 x64 Pro which was upgraded 4 years ago for free with a legit Windows 7 x64 Pro key, needs activation. Eh? Where did that Easter Bunny Rabbit from Microsoft spring from? It has been activated for years that I even managed to Update to the latest 1909 Update successfully. If it was not activated as MS claim, how the hell did it Update then?

When I try to run the Activation Troubleshoot, it comes up with Error Code 0xC00F012.

Because Windows refuses to let me update a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller driver dated 2013 to the latest one from Asus for the Z87A mobo, despite trying everything searches suggested, I have had to do 5-6 System Restores as any attempt to update that driver stops the Network icon in the taskbar showing.

So, now I am stuck with an outdated Network Controller driver as well as an Activation issue.

Can anyone help please, anyone?

Attached Files:

2. antipcw

antipcw Minimodder

I do as it's still on the plastic sleeve of the Windows 7 x64 Pro disk, which in itself was a Student Discounted special Upgrade from Windows XP Pro.

But how do I go about activating it? Do I just go here as per attached?

Thanks for your reply, btw.

Attached Files:

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Yep, go to 'change product key', type in the Windows 7 key and it should activate just fine.

4. Osgeld

Osgeld Minimodder

yea you "reactivate" a butt ton of times in a single day and wonder why there's a flag raised

why does a 2013 network adapter need to be updated in the first place... hope to jump to the 2015 driver that fixes some random who gives a crap issue?

in my list of driver upgrade priorities a realtek network driver is about as low as a sata update on spinning rust

5. antipcw

antipcw Minimodder

Thanks for your constructive help instead of the crass comments below. I need philosophers right now like a hole in a head!

adidan and modd1uk like this.
  6. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Not quite in the spirit of the community that fella, not sure what type of forums you're usually on but bit-tech rolls a little differently.

We all have bad days, this lock down has got us all going a little crazy but we have got to help each other not have little digs.

adidan, Arboreal and bawjaws like this.
  7. creative

creative 500rwhp

hwid and never worry about activation again. :winking: