1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Windows 7 - music dissapeared - media player

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by line2008, 9 Jul 2009.

1. line2008

line2008 What is this "dremel" you speak of?

I people, i used to be a user at the custompc forums and havent started using this place yet. I have a problem which i dont know how to resolve so i thought that now might be a good time to start using the forums here.

right so im running windows 7 x64

I have been placing all my music at E:\My Music\(album Name)\

I have been using \library\Music to get to my music

But now the "my music" folder at E:\ has now dissapeared :S

And now the only way i can access the music is by using WMP where they still appear

So i right clicked a song and selected "open file location", only to discover that the song is now located at

"E:\found.001\dir0002.chk\DJ_Haze_And_DJ_Capcom_Eminem-Before_The_Relapse-Bootleg-2008"

when i try to open "E:\found.001 i get an error
    any ideas on how the hell can i get my music back?

Also how can i stop this from happening again?

Im to scared to plug in my external HDD now incase i loose all my music from it.:jawdrop:

2. superseagull

superseagull If it aint broke, fix it ;-)

i had similar probs with data unaccessible on win7x64 v7000 which seemed to right itself after a reboot but haven't seen it since v7100

post what version your running & someone else may have the answer you seek.

good luck with it

3. line2008

Thanks for replying superseagull (your username made me lol then)

yeh im using windows 7 ultimate x64 7100.

restarting hasnt done anything for me, my computers always on and off and i have had the problem for about a week now.

in windows media player if you go to -Tools>Advanced- there's an option "restore media library", any ideas what that will do? i dont fancy clicking it and losing my music.

4. line2008

well i got fed up and decided click on "restore media library" to see what happened and it just deleted all the entrys in windows media player, i managed to get my music back tho.

I dual booted nto vista and managed to get into the E:\found.001, there was about 10 different folders in there labelled dir0001.chk, dir0002.chk etc.

my music was in them folders in no particular order. just have to rearange them not into the correct albums.