1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Windows 7 Public Beta News

Discussion in 'Software' started by icutebluezone, 8 Jan 2009.

1. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Hmm, my Photos folder has suddenly required admin permissions to write to it, and I'm not sure why. It may explain why Lightroom has stopped running unless I'm an administrator, but I can't remember doing anything to make it do that.

On looking in the security tab of the folder, I have a couple of weird things. There's the usual SYSTEM group, along with HomeUsers and Administrators (and Users and AuthenticatedUsers on my Documents folder I compared it with.)
    Both also have a couple of accounts that I have no idea about, though. One is "Account Unknown" with a string of letters and numbers after it, and one is "uuid: *load of numbers*[edit: I believe this is created by adding a Media Centre Extender)

What are these for? How can I see where they are coming from, what group they're in, etc.
    I think my user settings may be messed up as I carried the folders over from my Vista install.

Another thing, when looking at my User Profile settings, it shows that my profile is 9.23gb! I don't mind it taking that much space, but what is it using it for?

Last edited: 12 May 2009
  2. Miffers

Miffers CPC Refugee

I have the first release running on my laptop. It flew.. 2ghz core 2 and 4gb memory and a mobile nvidia chip all the drivers were there no problems :p But a windows updated sorted any ikkle problems. So stable at the first release even managed to play counter strike source.