1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Windows 7 SSD help needed

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by loadedgun28, 12 Oct 2011.

1. loadedgun28

loadedgun28 New Member

I have just got a new SSD (m4) I disconnected my SATA drive running vista and installed my SSD I went to install window 7 on to it but keep getting (BSOD) [​IMG]

I have no idea how to sort this. I have checked my windows disk and it seemed fine. I was able to get to the install screen on my sata drive but with the SSD I get as far as windows loading screen and then blue screen. Anyone got any ideas how to fix this issue?

2. modd1uk

modd1uk Well-Known Member

Did you install it under IDE mode then switch to AHCI ? As that will cause a bluescreen.

What firmware are you running on the SSD, you should be running 0009.

SSD's should be run in AHCI mode.

3. loadedgun28

loadedgun28 New Member

I am running it in AHCI mode. I have not managed to install windows yet coz I can't get past BSOD. I haven't update the firmware so it will be running on factory settings.

4. modd1uk

Do you have another system you can download the firmware update on ? Just needs burning to a CD. It "may" fix the BSOD. What motherboard are you using ?

5. theevilelephant

theevilelephant New Member

The firmware revision is written on the SSD, 0009 is the latest I think. Just installed Windows 7 on a 256Gb M4 in AHCI mode so it is possible.

6. modd1uk

I installed Win 7 on my M4 128GB in AHCI.

First time i installed it on sata 2 + IDE as thats what i read to do, however when i switched it to sata 3 + ahci it blue screened.

Fresh install on sata 3 + ahci and it works like a trooper.

7. loadedgun28

loadedgun28 New Member

I am using a asus M4A88T-M. I have updated to firmware to 009 and am still getting the blue screen.

Last edited: 13 Oct 2011