1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Windows 7 Student 'upgrade'

Discussion in 'Software' started by DarkBanana, 3 Oct 2009.

1. hcm2009

hcm2009 What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the post

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

You want to know something funny?
    Vista 32-bit was actually plague with bugs and Vista 64-bit was the most polished one. As the decision to have a 32-bit version was kinda made at the last minute for an Operating System.

You have no reason to stay with 32-bit Operating System, unless you use special software written by a 8 year old kid or have very very (older then 2006 (being safe here)) peripheral, OR that you find that your computer is too fast with too much memory and requires to be slow it down.

So, yes 64-bit is the only and best path to enjoy your full system speed.

3. drdro

drdro What's a Dremel?

I've got Win7 RC installed on my desktop right now. Now if I was to get the win7 Pro upgrade, should it still install without a problem? (I'd imagine the RC would be considered as a previous version of windows compared to the RTM).

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Sorry, you cannot upgrade your RC to the final release, and even if it was possible (ie hack), I would STRONGLY recommend to not do it, to ensure that bug/corruption/security issues from a beta Operating System is passed to the final version. Before you download Windows 7 RC, Microsoft stated on the page that a re-install to go to the official release would be needed. I remind you that an Operating System controls to a certain level your hardware. It's not some silly program, we are talking a software that is bigger and more complicated than all Adobe and and all the software (excluding the Operating system) you use on your computer put together. It takes thousands and thousands of engineers/computer scientist, programmers, designers, research and tests to create that Operating System you use everyday. Yea.. that is why Vista took 6 years to create, especially that technology is so fast, I am sure Microsoft had a hard time making everything support with it's new kernel.

5. drdro

drdro What's a Dremel?

Cheers for that. And for the reminder.. yeah, I'll just have to reinstall winXP in that case before I upgrade.