1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Windows 7 upgrade??

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cus_de_Sparta65, 25 Jan 2011.

1. Cus_de_Sparta65

Cus_de_Sparta65 "There is no dremel"

If you want to buy a upgrade version of windows 7 does it need to be for the same version you have installed on your PC like Vista "Premium" "Pro" or "Ultimate"?

If so is there a work around for installing a better version than what you have of vista?

2. Deadpunkdave

Deadpunkdave ...why you need a 20-sided die

3. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

You are misreading the table. You can upgrade to ANY win 7 from ANY previous windows installations. The only difference is whether its a straight forward upgrade or a clean install.

Clean installs are always best IMO.

4. Deadpunkdave

Deadpunkdave ...why you need a 20-sided die

By Microsoft's own terminology, an upgrade is different to a clean install and you can only upgrade - in those terms - as I explained.

5. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

To clarify, the table linked above shows which versions can be upgraded without formatting, and which version require a format and fresh install (Custom installation).

The upgrade version of Windows 7 is capable of full installations aswell as upgrades for certain versions.

I had Vista Home (OEM), then bought Win7 Pro Upgrade (M$ download), created a bootable disc and used it to format the my main HDD and perform a full windows installation.