1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Windows 8.1 mouse issues in game

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by gilljoy, 15 Nov 2014.

1. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Hi all,

So I've been having some really weird mouse issues in games where basically the mouse overreacts to anything I do and goes out of control.

I've taken a video of it happening in World of Warcraft but It's happening in a lot of other games like the walking dead and call of duty advanced warfare.

Has anyone encountered this before? The issue doesn't seem to happen on windows 7 but does on windows 8.1

2. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

I've experienced some oddities most recently with mouse behavior in Windows 7. Though it may not be related, try disabling "Enhance pointer precision" in the mouse settings. I suspect that a windows update FUBARed something, since the issue seemed to creep up out of nowhere. I'm mainly having issue with drawing/selection in software like paint, but as soon as I disable that setting, all goes back to normal.

Like I said, it might not be related at all, but it's worth a try.

3. TeenGeek

TeenGeek Worst touch typing ever.

If you're still having the same issue, I know that all of the Call of Duty games only function properly with mice that are 125 HZ, due to how old the COD engine is. From what I've heard, it causes the game to have random, unpredictable acceleration. I don't know if that is your issue, but it might not hurt to try to futz with the mouse settings, and move it down to a lower polling rate. (assuming your mouse has adjustability for that.