1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development Windows File Permissions/Coppermine Photogallery Problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dimazz, 5 Aug 2004.

1. Dimazz

Dimazz What's a Dremel?

Well, heres the problem :

I have CPG-Nuke running (its a web-portal www.cpgnuke.com) anyways, this is a modded PHP-Nuke. It has a photogallery built in, coppermine (http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/) When ever I try uploading a picture to it, it will give me this error

Failed to create directory http://ghettoheavenz.ath.cx/albums/userpics/10002 !

File: g:\apache\apache\htdocs\html\modules\coppermine\db _input.php - Line: 253

I know this is a common error associated with file permissions, easyly fixed by chmodding that directory. BUUT, the problem is Im running a WinXP machine, which dosent have Chmod. Thats only 'Nix.

So I need to know either how to fix this problem or if there is a way to set file permissions or something to that effect. Ive googled and searched coppermines and cpgnukes forums and all the problems like ths are solved on 'nix servers with chmod.

If anyone has any info it would be great!!!

BTW, Im not exposing the new site till its all done, so thats why there isnt a link :thumb: :cooldude:

Thx in advance for help :rock:

2. a9on87

a9on87 ...

I may be completely wrong but this is just a guess!

Do you have FTP set up on your server? If so most FTP clients can CHMOD folders, so just login into the FTP and try it.

Hope this helps!

3. Dimazz

Dimazz What's a Dremel?

Chmod is only 'nix servers :( But thx for tryin

Im on WinXP Pro BTW!

4. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

I didn't really get it from the post, is the server yours, as in do you have physical access to it?? if not then the server admin should change (and know how to) the permissions if you email him/her.
    if not then say and More instructions can follow hehe