1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Windows Media Remote Control

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Big Elf, 23 Aug 2017.

1. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I've been using an Emprex 3009URF Remote Control for years, most recently to control Kodi on a Windows 10 Mini PC. The Emprex wasn't brilliant quality in the first place and some of the buttons are now failing to work without 'mashing' them and spilling a glass of milk on it didn't help and I'm looking for a replacement.

The Emprex versions of the MCE Remote don't seem to be available now and rather than just buy something similar I thought I'd ask for advice on whether there's a more modern up to date replacement.

While I do have an ancient Logitech DiNovo Edge Keyboard that provides some functions it doesn't have them all e.g. Fast Forward, Rewind and I'd prefer something the size of a small remote anyway.

Any suggestions please?

2. asura

asura jack of all trades

Can't comment out of personal use, but my brother uses some variety of Logitech's Harmony remote and seems very happy with it and has a pretty complex setup...

3. thewelshbrummie

thewelshbrummie Minimodder

New MCE remotes are pretty much non-existent - I've tried to find a proper replacement for my Origin MCE remote as it has separate power buttons for the TV and PC - there's nothing with that setup.

Harmony's are very expensive but might be worth a shot if you want a remote that can control everything. Otherwise 2nd hand via ebay might be the best option - I've found most PC remote controls to be terrible

4. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I've looked at the Harmony's but don't think I can justify paying that much. I was just wondering if something better had been developed in the last few years but obviously not. I'll just get a basic one from eBay.

5. asura

asura jack of all trades

The base harmony is "only" about double what the emprex was when new... not ideal I know...