1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Windows Phone 7 launches

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 Oct 2010.

1. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

There is one thing, and one thing only, that I like about iTunes - Cover Flow.
    That being said, the software seems to get slower and slower with every update (especially on my ageing Compaq P4 desktop), so I think I might have to move to something else. I didn't know you could get Zune pass in the uk, so I might give them a try :)

2. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Zune actually feels ok. Downloaded it yesterday and was quite impressed with the layout and style. Picked up my server music and everything elsse without any real hassle.

Not really sure why it's needed since WMP does it all but looks like iTunes.

3. dullonien

dullonien Master of the unfinished.

Certainly going to upgrade to WM7 when I can. I think I'm already allowed to upgrade, so just gotta wait for the phones to hit market really.

I like the look of the HTC Mozart, great design that's getting away from the iPhone copies. I'm also not keen on the oversized HTC HD style phones, so this is a nice size imo. Could do with a higher res screen to keep up with the iPhone 4 / Samsung GalaxyS, but I'm sure it'll be fine for me as I'm not a big fan of watching video on my mobile or gaming.

The biggest problem I have with all the HTC Win7 phones is that none of them have MicroSD slots, or any upgradeable storage atall. I use my current phone (LG Arena) as my mp3 player, so storage space is important. My Arena has 8GB onboard + I have a 16GB MicroSD card. I'm not sure if I'll be able to downgrade from 24GB to 8GB, so I may wait to see what Samsung etc. do, and see if LG brings any other WM7 decises out.

Edit: anyone know if the HTC's have glass screens? It's one of my favourite features of my Arena (scratch resistant too), as it means the screen always stays pristine which is importand on a touchscreen phone imo. Also helps make the phone feel much more solid than the likes of the Samsung Galaxy's.

4. Risky

Risky Modder

Well I'm a longstanding Windows Mobile user but I don't think I can bring myself to go with WinPhone7. There is tight integration of stuff I don't use (XBox Live, Facbook, Twitter) and a lack of support for stuff I'd want such as cut'n'paste, storage cards.

I'm going to have to find out if I can live with Android but it sounds like outlook sync will be a mess. Again I don't want to be forced into using gmail just to suit them.

Tags: Add Tags