1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows vista :D

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ultimate Gamer, 25 Nov 2006.

?

Do you think this will happen with vista?

1. Yes???

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. No???

13 vote(s)
    86.7%
  1. Ultimate Gamer

Ultimate Gamer What's a Dremel?

you know how all these counsel's are coming out and the reselling for more then tripple there prices i was woundering if theres going to be a rhus for the greediest like there is now for ps3 and wii but im not sure if that will happen with vista do you?

2. JsnTech

JsnTech What's a Dremel?

I dont think it will do anything like the ps3, i mean people waited in line for hours to get one of those.

Heaps of people are happy with xp and are not really interested in paying another few hundred for a different looking skin and some addons.

Just my thoughts anyway

3. Onyx

Onyx What's a Dremel?

i dont think it will happen to the extent of the new game consoles, but there always people trying to make a buck off of ebay that will sell it for more (and there's also desperate early adopters that will pay)

4. Ultimate Gamer

yes there is there is a guy trying to sell his ps3 on ebay for 1,000,000 what a retard

5. RTT

RTT #parp

No, obviously not. Joe public really doesn't care about Vista as such - they'll get it as and when they buy new PCs, and these are the only people who could cause a physical shortage. Only a few geeks (relatively) are going to run out to buy Vista (and the rest of them will just pirate it ;)). Also, the vast majority of the initial demand will be from businesses, and even that will probably be done over MSDN, so no physical DVDs needed there. And that'll be being done now, a full two months before Joe Public gets to go and buy it. So no, not gonna happen except in isolated incidences.

6. Ultimate Gamer

ya lol well whats in bold is it assposse to be my name because thats my name lol

7. RTT

RTT #parp

what? :confused:

8. Ultimate Gamer

lol well joe is my name i was woundering if you meant to say that as my name or somthing else :p

9. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Parlez vous anglais? :wallbash:

Anyway, there is a lot of difference between Windows Vista, and a PS3. As RTT said, there is more than one way of distributing a piece of software, unlike something as physical as a console. And also, a lot of techy people, won't be willing to upgrade until either Vista is proved to be reliable, or Service Pack 1 for Vista comes out.

In all honesty, on my non-gaming machines, I'm waiting for XP SP3 to come out.

10. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

No chance. As stated, software is software- apart from the fancy box, Vista is just a DVD with a booklet, so you're hardly going to get production shortage issues. And anyways, there's not immediate urge for consumers to purchase an operating system. This didn't happen when HL2 came out, so don't expect it to happen when Vista is released.

<A88>

11. Glider

Glider /dev/null

Hard to compare apples to cars...

If someone wants to brag with Vista, they'll just install the Beta... Which is free...

12. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

No.

What's with all the ****** spelling and grammar?

13. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I, like many MSDN'ers already have Vista (Ultimate), any any business that wants it will get it through their without any problems by the start of Dec.

For consumers, the product will be on the shelves at the beginning of Feb 07. Will there be a mad rush? Not a chance. Most people will get an OEM copy with their next PC. Geeks and enthusiasts will buy it off the shelves - or online more likely, and their will be plenty of stock - we are still a very small demographic group.

The most likely scenario is the you will get accosted in PC World by some greaser who tells you that it *will* run on your Athlon 1.1GHz and your 9800Pro, and he will usher you to a 20ft display of trebdy curvy Vista boxes.

After the first few days, the shelves will be chocked full of Vista whether you liek it or not. Don't forget building a PS3 is slightly more involved that copying a disk and printing a few accompanying bits of paper....