1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit disk

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hoffs, 5 Jun 2009.

1. Hoffs

Hoffs Seek

Ok basically

I have had to wipe my hdd completely clean and installed windows 7 on it just as an OS

I'm not a big fan of windows 7 as some programs I use A LOT such as Channel 4 on Demand don't seem to want to work

Is there a way of finding a place to download the windows vista home premium 32bit .iso disk, burn it onto a cd.. then doing a fresh vista install over this OS

I don't have any vista disks so I need to find a place where I can download it

I hope you can help

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Did you try:
    - Running the software as real Admin (right-click on the shortcut or main executable > Run As Administrator)
    - Using compatibility mode (right click on the shortcut or main executable > Properties, and look under Compatibility tab)
    - Did you try XP Mode.
    I really don't think so. If it doesn't run under XP mode, then it doesn't run under any Windows.

There is no downgrade path, you need to format and install Vista. Just make sure your backup your stuff first.

If you have purchased Vista you should have either a recovery partition, disk, or the OS disk.
    If you have deleted your recovery partition and have no disk that came with your system, then I am sorry but contact your computer manufacture or contact Microsoft to order a new disk (they will ask you proof of purchase, of course).

3. Hoffs

Hoffs Seek

how do you go about initialising xp mode on windows 7?

4. GoodBytes

I have tried Channel 4 on Demand, and it installs fine and runs fine on my end without doing anything to the program, just running it as is. Well I can't view the videos as I am not in the UK
    I think your problem is that you forgot to install Adobe Flash plug-in for IE :lol:

5. GoodBytes

1- Download and install Microsoft Virtual PC for Windows 7
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

2- Download WinXP Virtual PC.
    You download the one for your Windows. 32-bit for Win7 32-bit, and the 64-bit for Win7 64-bit.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...b3-c236-4b77-be26-173f032f5159&displaylang=en

3- Run Virtual PC for Win7 and follow the wizard.

4- Once done, start Windows XP under Virtual PC and install your software.

5- Once done, the software shortcut will appear in Win7 start menu automatically under "Windows Virtual PC" > "Virtual Windows XP Application".

NOTE: To use Microsoft Vista PC for Win7 you need a compatible CPU that supports visualization.

Last edited: 5 Jun 2009
  6. Hoffs

Hoffs Seek

thanks for your extensive help!

I've email'd acer about my problem and will be expecting an email back soon

As far as virtualisation goes, my cpu supports it yet my bios doesnt. And I can't change that through the bios. (I have an Acer aspire 6930g btw)

anyway to change this?

7. GoodBytes

It should be enabled by default, then.

8. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

9. GoodBytes

Yes, but the now the mostly use CPU on laptop is the P series, and that one is supported.