1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Windows Vista pre-RC1 download

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 29 Aug 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. zoom314

zoom314 Minimodder

No thanks, It's just the 32bit version. Others may want It, But I'll wait.

3. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Already got it thanks.

4. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Meh, pre-release windows. Not really usefull as an OS for my main box and really would run like crap within a virtual PC.
    Atleast its coming along. I really do hope they dump some of the crap from the interface though. The files/folders browsing was horrible last time I looked.

5. MidnghtDrgn

MidnghtDrgn What's a Dremel?

Still dragging hard on our test box here... Media Center, which is our main focus, seems a little more stable then last release, we're still seeing probs with it though :wallbash:

6. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

You're really missing out, as soon as you disable the useless bollocks (a Windows flaw, unfortunately) it's really very speedy indeed.

Interface is awesome as well.

7. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I hated the interface, the way that (last time I tried) you couldn't switch many if any of the useless crap off :(
    I like to run in 98/2000 style ONLY. To me everything else is a useless waste of time that just slows me down.

8. korhojoa

korhojoa durr

Hm. I'd REALLY like the x64 edition, sadly, there isn't a x64 build of this in the wild yet. :(

9. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

i would download it, but its just hassle trying to install it, either partitioning or running a virtual OS

10. Asphix

Asphix What's a Dremel?

I heard that in order to use it you had to have a valid Beta 2 key. Am I mistaken?

regardless, I'm about 50% done with the dl here at work :) I'l throw together a PC to test it on later this week.

11. EK-MDi

EK-MDi What's a Dremel?

So what kind of problems are you having then? :hehe:

Enjoy your slow navigation then, LOL. It's actually going to be faster with AERO, as it's accelerated through Direct3D, as opposed to GDI. :hehe: This speed improvement, and effectively easier management, should show in the current build of Pre-RC1. And for the record, opening/closing windows takes shorter length of time than Windows 2000, except Vista does it smoothly with a nice and simple animation in between.

Oh and also, enjoy your windows appearing disfigured now and then, as they do now when you have too many windows open :hehe:.

12. dirtbiker

dirtbiker What's a Dremel?

Anyone else having difficulties with the download?

Edit: Works ok if i don't use their download manager. Will get it tomorrow... :)

Will this run on my machine with its meagre 512mb ram?

13. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

I didn't download the last release, couldn't be bothered with work and other matters etc but I'm going to give this one a go... here goes nothing
    Ill try and get one of the 100,000 but if not its the old torrent portal for me... and can say the same for quite a few other users out there...

14. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus Rule #9

I wish I had the means to build another box to test this one, as it stands the only thing that would just run it is my main one. :sigh:

15. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Im going to download it anyway as I guess it may have changed a fair bit from my last testing but there is no chance that I will be using it on my main machine where I just need/want stability.
    /me kicks the 1MB connection in a bid to try and make it go faster.. nope.. doesn't work :(

16. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

I can't work up any enthusiasm for 32 bit right now, If the 64 bit version was up I'd have been downloading already :)

17. MidnghtDrgn

MidnghtDrgn What's a Dremel?

Basic Application: Video Playback.

Was stable on the last release, as of this release though, switching to windowed mode is causing graphical overlap, remaximizing Media Center is causing Application lockup. Vista has the program restart built in, if thats left to run its course, cause system lockup.

Confirmed on 5 machines, multiple applications other than our own.

18. slugs

slugs Minimodder

going to see if its still avaliable at work tomorrow on a nice 155mb/s link. not wasting my bandwidth at home for a 32bit version

19. Kasrkin Guard

Kasrkin Guard What's a Dremel?

I downloaded earlier and burning it now aswell as getting one of my IDE hard drives ready for this Windows install. :naughty:

Last edited: 29 Aug 2006
  20. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I find it funny everyone complaing about the lack of 64-bit version.
    I wish I could even run a 64 bit version if it was there. XP2800 ;)

Tags: Add Tags