1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Windows Vista pre-RC1 download

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 29 Aug 2006.

1. EQC

EQC What's a Dremel?

I'm probably missing something...but it seems like saying "100,000 transfers, then it's gone" will cause a mad rush that'll create the server strain they're trying to prevent. Wouldn't it be better to put, say, a daily or hourly cap on the number of downloads (at a level their server can handle)...seems like allowing 10,000 transfers a day indefinitely would be better for the server than having 100,000 people downloading in one day and then zero downloads after that.

2. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

I think bandwidth is not the issue, more the amount of data downloaded.

3. quack

quack Minimodder

Plus, since this is just a Pre-RC release it's not that important in the development cycle. I'm sure they'll allow more downloads when Release Candidate 1 is opened to the public.

4. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Can we expect a bit-tech review?

5. CollinstheClown

CollinstheClown Hi

Well, I DLed it last night and installed it this morning. I am having problems tring to run AIM Triton, or AIM 5.5. My dual monitor program won't install, so I'm stuck with the default Windows dual screen. I don't really use Media Center so I don't have to worry about that at all. My rig:
    Athlon 64 3000+ (OCed @ 2.2)
    2GB Ram
    480GB HDD Space
    GeForce 6600 (OCed)
    Windows gives me a 3.0 rating.
    Oh one last thing... When using Aero, if you run a program that doesn't "support" Aero then Windows will automatically turn Aero off until that program is closed. Now I must ask.. why doesn't the version of IE this build ships with support Aero? Kinda dumb if you ask me.

-CollinstheClown

6. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Internet Explorer 7.3 should suport aero, it did when i tried it and i had ie7.1 and it worked :D

7. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

I have Vista finaly installed on my PC.

Although the old version of windows is now not wanting to start. The OS runs pretty quick to me. But I find the load time when starting up is a little to much. When running tasking manger on Vista the Memory runs at about 790MB. This is Vista Ultimate edition. So a 2GB rig is needed for sure. The system at idle runs at about 4-5% CPU useage.

Somethings Vista can work on is the load times also this issue I have or being able use the other OS on boot.

Tags: Add Tags