1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Windows Vista SP1 is available for download

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Mar 2008.

1. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Although I haven't downloaded SP1 yet, I've been thus far pleased with Vista. I've only had two blue screen crashes since getting this box back in November. Both occured when exiting a particular game, but considering I pretty much play that game every day, 2 times in 5 months is no big deal.

Only thing I've ever had an issue with was KOTR2, game wouldn't load even after getting the updates. Turned out to be a .dll related to sound that I had to replace in the game's root directory. But that game is rather old now. I've had no problems with newer games.

2. Akava

Akava Lurking...

Finally got it installed after having to re-install Vista, other than it being a bit slow to start up and shut down atm and a small problem with some of my Asus software... its incredible... SOOOOO much faster!!! :clap:

Very happy with it so far, pretty sure its using my RAM a little better now, certainly seems to be. :rock:

3. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

I'm getting the error on install as well :(
    The link the error message gives just takes you to a MS search engine which is no help at all.

trés ass

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

5. Akava

Akava Lurking...

If that doesn't work look for a file called "Pending.xms" in C:\Windows\winsxs and delete it, that was recommended a lot when I was looking for a fix, BUT as always deleting any file in the Windows dirrectory is done at your own risk.

If that doesn't work and any of the other solutions out there don't work then just install Vista again over your current version, i would back up your files first though to be safe.

You'll need a fair bit of time, at least 4-6 hours to do all of that so make sure you have the time to do it before starting.

Good luck, and its well worth it in the end.

6. BigPoppaJNutZ

BigPoppaJNutZ Beyond the Dremel...

Installed it last night on my HP laptop. Went fast and easy! My laptop is actually running faster!!! Startup is easily twice as fast, as well as just about anything else that I have done. Networking (recognizing and hooking up) is really fast too.

Tags: Add Tags