1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Windows XP Bootdisk

Discussion in 'Software' started by Burwell, 15 Dec 2001.

1. Burwell

Burwell What's a Dremel?

Alright so i didn't know where I should post this and I figured the Disaster Mods forum was a good choice. I know most people have made the jump form a previous version of Windows to windows XP. I made the jump (Leap) from ME. I am satifyied with XP, but I have one complaint.
    Not too long ago I skunked up my HD somehow ;). I thought formatting would be the best choice. So I tought I would test out the Windows XP bootdisk. So i made one and i found that all the bootdisk did was get you to the a: prompt (No format, fdisk, ect.) Long story short i found www.bootdisk.com. This place has a much more functional version of the windows xp bootdisk. Just thought i'd share this with you.

2. LoopyJuice

LoopyJuice Astronomical

hehe talking of bootdisks, within 24 hrs of havbing this new pc for xmas i managed to fubar it, it would boot in sfe mode but no mouse, i coulnt restore or anything (windows ME) so i gave up on that and i had no boot disc because i had only had it 24 hrs :( when it goto to a certain place in the booting it would just freeze, i managed to get into safemode and open the bootlog file and found it was summit to do with font errors. Eventually i had to reinstall winME within 24 hours of the new pc grrrrrrrr mind u everything is running great now :) - all that hassle just because i plugged in me 250MB zip drive, i plugged it in a poof errors and the thing froze, i turned it off and it wouldnt boot. to this day i still don't know what happened:confused: also to thsi day i still havnt bothered to make a boot disk hehe i am asking for it:D

3. funy

funy What's a Dremel?

well i can spot your problem there already, using that abomination called WindowsME. Biggest pile of crap ive ever had the msifortune to use.

4. LoopyJuice

LoopyJuice Astronomical

hehe well i am getting XP Pro soon so tis ok, i have to say tho that Win ME hasnt really been bad to me, it seems ok to me.

5. funy

funy What's a Dremel?

winme is ok for people who dont use thier machines much lo

6. LoopyJuice

LoopyJuice Astronomical

lol i am constantly on this machine!

7. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

Hold tight folks! Moving to Software & Operating systems

:cool:

8. Phil

Phil What's a Dremel?

I use ME and don't have any problems....

my flatmate uses it too and had 2 weeks uptime at one point...

it's not really that different from 98se

9. corvette

corvette What's a Dremel?

i have the best boot disk ever made it has drivers for all types of cdroms scsi or ide i usaully use the generic ide mode that picks up every thing cept scsi and it brings u to a custom dos where u can format fdisk install windows ne version

its called mush's multi boot disk if ne wants to try it out ill try and load into a zip file so u can upload it to a disk but hey if ur happy with microsoft 1s and u dont need custom jobs that rule then i dont mind

10. Mandark

Mandark What's a Dremel?

I use O&O BlueCon 2000 Pro and build boot cd's for each os. You can use 3rd party drivers too so you can boot up your XP Pro with NTFS and it comes to a dos like command prompt. you can edit delete, copy, xcopy, and edit the registry. most excellent tool. It can be compared to Winternals ERD Commander.

I have made NT4 WKS, NT4 SRV, Win2K SRV/WKS, and WinXP Pro boot cd's.

I always maintain backups of the registry and create Emergency boot floppies as well. My current Win2k box at home has been running 24/7 for the past 2 years.

Tags: