1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows XP Pro for $26??

Discussion in 'General' started by Dinh, 20 Apr 2005.

1. Dinh

Dinh What's a Dremel?

2. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

At first I thought it was another of those 'OEM' software sites that just sell pirate CDs. But all the rest of the stuff on their site looks legit so it looks like a pricing error. It might be worth a try to see if they honour the price or not.

3. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

try it it's only 26.00

4. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

5. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

This is just the media kit (i.e the disk), it doesn't have a licence associated with it and hence illegal to use without a purchased licence, usually from their Open Licen Plan.

6. westeee

westeee What's a Dremel?

yep thats correct, its just the media

7. Iamgoodyy

Iamgoodyy What's a Dremel?

I can get it for $5 at my uni's bookstore,only 1 copy per student though. Find a college student whilling to buy you a copy.

8. |3|ackAc|D

|3|ackAc|D What's a Dremel?

hrm.. "warez"ing seems safer... :sigh:

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

That, too, would be illegal, of course --unless you are a student yourself, in which case you wouldn't need a student to buy it for you.

10. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

software assurancing or eOpen, is a great way for buisnesses (5 or machines) to rent software from MS.

for instance, we started using it with windows 2k, now we had a license for our server, and 5 CALs (client access licenses) when XP came out, we were allowed to switch for free (or we could even use NT4 if we desired).

But the license has to be renewed.

as has been said, thats a media kit, no serial included, you could just as legitamately for an eOpen subscription download the ISO. Whilst this type is often refered to as corperate, because it dosen't need activiation, you still need a serial, you get them from https://eOpen.microsoft.com from a passport that has them ascociated.

i like this, because in the "old days" we could never remeber which NT licenses were for which CDs, and which machines, in the end wrote with marker pen the pair they belonged to on them!

But for you, if your <18 and in full time education, can't you get your school to sign an educational license (this is ok in the UK) so you can buy student editions even if ur only 14. :thumb:

11. Dinh

Dinh What's a Dremel?

Heh, buying the media here, and a license fomr another place is cheaper than buy XP fomr the store :baby: