1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Wine looks to bring Windows apps to Android

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 5 Feb 2013.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I don't know where you're getting this from.

I said the biggest benefit I could see to having Wine on Android is so that you can run MS Office on tablets (did I really need to clarify that I meant non-Microsoft tablets?).

Did I say that Microsoft should release Office on iOS or Android officially and criticise them for not doing so?
    Did I say that Win8/WinRT/Surface/SurfacePro was rubbish or criticise it/them in any way?

If I'm moaning at all then I'm moaning about my posts being taken out of context or having words put in my mouth. Either respond to what I've actually said or stop trolling.

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I think that we are talking cross purposes about what it can technically do and what it is allowed to do. Windows RT is a full port of Windows (including the bugs). I think that locking it was a mistake; it eliminates the main reason for choosing it over other OS's. An ARM CPU would struggle with many, but certainly not all legacy software and the individual software publishers can make the choice as to what they port to ARM and what would be pointless to. Perhaps Microsoft will change its mind. Outlook being trialled for RT certainly suggests that there is a camp that thinks that way.