1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Wing mirror broken help!

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 30 Nov 2010.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSED

what a day loud typers

Engine management light slowing me down while overtaking a lorry then i get home think "lets just park up and go relax"

Until i reverse down the hill theres a bar right on the edge of the pavement BOOM!!

Wingmirror comes off and smashes top piece...

$%&u%$%^%%^£!!!~~~~~~~~~!&"£^$%^**!!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Now i have a red wingmirror with the top piece shattered if i glue it its going to look so bad compared to my car i looked on ebay but they only have electric ones :(

its a corsa b red 1999 breeze anyone have any ideas how i can sort this out

2. chrisc1277

chrisc1277 Minimodder

oh man ive just read your loud typer thread. feel sorry for you. doesnt seem the best of days...

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Which bit of the mirror is actually broken? The cover on the outside or the mechanism inside?

You could either:
    a) Get a replacement of the wrong colour and spray it up yourself the right colour.
    b) Buy a pair of non-colour-coded ones and replace both.

Personally I'd stop worrying about the wing mirror and get the engine sorted.

4. DeadP1xels

yeh could have been bad guy honked at me but all i was tying to do was get past to avoid an accident

i found an electric one on ebay im wondering if they use the same casing as the manual ones

if so i guess i could replace it

5. Krikkit

I wouldn't count on it, there might not be the same routing for the cabling on the manual adjuster through it.

6. DeadP1xels

Think i might give a crack at glueing i place it together and it seemed to leave a very fine crack line

The mirrors where muffed when i got the car think he lived out in the sticks so a replacement for both of them might not be a bad idea one day probebly drove through tight country lanes loads of lash marks on the mirrors nothing else

Im laughing about it now a little bit because i've never reacted like that before in public

jumping out the car i shouted "I new it was a bad ****ing idea them putting a new telephone pole here don't they know im a **** driver!!"

don't think the neighbours probebly will be all that impressed im suprised nobody came out
    and saw what i done

The engine management is a bit of a pain might be taking it back to get the sellers garage to check it out seeming its under warranty that truck driver was not impressed

7. DeadP1xels

The damage
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

yes that was the post that done it im a tight parker what can i say

8. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Haha @ the Kalms... Take a few did we?

Try phoning round local scrapyards or at least pop along to a few, you never know.

Ebay is your best bet I would imagine so just keep looking and in the mean while try and fix up your current one so at least you can use it. Don't worry about aesthetics - its a Corsa. ;)

9. DeadP1xels

Rofl nope thats my sisters :thumb: for her test

Was thinking scrappy ebay only have electric ones i think i can fix it to look not much different with my amazing skills :D

Corsa bashing :nono:

:p

10. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Just google car spare parts and enter the details of what you want in one or two of the resulting websites. You can choose how they contact you and a search is done over quite a few scrapyard/breakers yards. I've had a few bits for my old Laguna and a bit for my Micra so far and saved half the price on the last part I bought.

11. DeadP1xels

Heres the fix

[​IMG]

Pretty happy with it

well looks better on my car than it did on my kitchen table anyway...

when i clean it next i will go over the cracks with chipstick and buff it with more polish to make it less obvious

12. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

Dude that's so barely obvious I'd just leave it! At least, if it crunches again it'll break on the glue lines and be easy to repair again. Nice job fixing it up :)

13. DeadP1xels

Thanks

yeh im not going to replace it until i find two of the same in red used nice and cheap which won't be for a while so i can replace them both :)

14. Krikkit

Is a Corsa B really worth all that effort? :p

15. DeadP1xels

Why i outta...

:D

Taking it to a guy i went to school with see whats up with the engine management light see what he can do...

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Don't you guys have breakers yards over there? When I did that to my old car (driving out through narrow barriers at night with a hedge covering one side of the barrier) I just went to the local breakers yard and got a second hand motorized heated wing mirror for £25.

17. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

If it happens again:

[​IMG]

Hell, just do it anyway. Get enough and cover the entire car in it, and it'll be indestructable. It'll bounce of other objects you drive into. :p

18. DeadP1xels

I was considering a scrap yard its definately something i will have to do eventually the mirror does'nt adjust right were i want it so its pissing me off a little.

My car is red though but not faded so i want to find the right colour so it does'nt look odd

My friend done that to his mirror it looked so stupid although he done alot more damage than i did its holding like a million pieces together in a frail deformed package :p

Little update on the engine took it to a old school friend who looked at it he brought his mate around who happened to have a flow sensor and they tested it out took it for a test drive and it felt different could'nt get it to do the engine management light.

It done a judder when i took my foot of the accelator and re applied i think that might be the engine working as it should (its a eco tech)

Put the old one back in and reved the engine it sounded laggy and slow almost weezy
    New one in and it came alive! it sounded like a different car so i paid the guy £40 for it which i thought was a fair price

Put my foot to the floor today and still could'nt get it to do engine management, will take it on the link road when i get home and push it going up slight hills that will be the true test but its certainly a different car, got alot more power to it :thumb: