1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows WinXP Pro volume control...

Discussion in 'Software' started by l33t_c0mput6r_m0dz, 26 Nov 2002.

1. l33t_c0mput6r_m0dz

l33t_c0mput6r_m0dz What's a Dremel?

This has happened to me several times and I've had to resort to reinstalling windows to restore it..

When adjusting the master volume, I get the system beep from the internal speaker instead of the critical stop wav. Is there any way to restore the wav or must I reinstall again? :waah:

2. dylman

dylman What's a Dremel?

Sounds serious to me. Scan for viruses and run Ad-Aware immediately.

3. l33t_c0mput6r_m0dz

This has happened to me on more than one occasion. I've also done a google search many times and have always come up short. There was only 1 page that offered a solution which said to log on as a different user and copy that registry, then paste it into your own registry since XP keeps a seperate reg for each user.

I'm looking for a simpler solution.

I've also run Norton AV 2003 many times with no virii found. I've had to uninstall it due to some corrupt files though. I've done the online scan on Symantec's website as well with nothing found. I also run AdAware daily and no spyware.

4. l33t_c0mput6r_m0dz

This is the article I was referring too..

I've tried adding the missing reg entry but with no luck.. Can anyone else help?

I have admin rights and no other users on my computer. If all else fails, I may create another user, just to copy the default reg and hopefully that'll work.. :sigh:

Last edited: 27 Nov 2002
  5. l33t_c0mput6r_m0dz

Done just that... I created a new user account, copied the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents from the default reg, deleted my entry and imported the default one..

Volume control plays wav on volume adjust now instead of irritating system beep!

:clap:

Anyone know what causes this error in the AppEvents?

Tags: