1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Wired magazine UK release

Discussion in 'General' started by Rum&Coke, 13 Apr 2009.

1. Rum&Coke

Rum&Coke What's a Dremel?

http://www.wired.co.uk/

First issue out, I like keeping up to date with Wired, its like a tech magazine for people with a life, might consider getting a subscription, the first issue is actually really decent, there is a great article detailing how Credit Default Swaps were assumed to work and how they caused the recession. Warren Ellis is also a staff writer for it I think, atleast he contributed an article to the first issue.

Background: Wired is a big magazine that was mainly only American, essentially focussing on some of the emerging trends in applying technology to society but it includes other parts of general interest like media sections e.g. movies/music/videogames/books.

2. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

I could have sworn I used to buy this in the UK anyway?

EDIT:

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

That is correct. I have all the UK issues from 1.01 to 3.03. I was really sorry to see it go... this is great news. :clap:

OMNI used to be my favorite mag before then, but towards its end it veered too much from science-on-the-edge to straight X-files UFO conspiracy nutterism.

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I read the American version anyway, I'll pick up the first UK issue and see if its worth swapping over.

5. Pieface

Pieface Modder

My have to check this out and see if there is a new magazine thats good enough to read.

6. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

So what does this cover? Science, tech news and future technology uses? Also how much?

Just I generally I have a strong interest in science, computing and computing security so read the register alot, would this suit me? For those who used to read it anyway.

7. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

I have read the preview which I loved but can't see myself getting a subscription.

I may buy the first on so that I can finish off the article about boat salvage which I found really interesting.