1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Wireless (bluetooth) Headphones for the TV

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MadGinga, 3 Apr 2017.

1. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Hi All,

Looking to replace my current wireless headphones for use with the TV.
    I currently have the Sennheiser RS-110, but they are picking up too much interference and I cannot get a clear sound and I have to tweak the tuning every time I use them.

Soooo, I'm thinking that I should replace them with a bluetooth based set.

a) Will this fix my "issue"?
    b) Any recommendations? - ideally no more than £50 as I will need to get them past SWMBO, but will consider more if it gets me what I need..

Cheers,
    MadG

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I had the Senn RS-110 and tbh it was the worst pair of headphones I have ever had. The interference was absolutely awful, they sounded crap and had absolutely no guts at all. They ended up in the bin, thankfully I only paid £30 for them brand new.

A) I would strongly imagine so, yes.
    B) Not sure how you can use Bluetooth if your TV does not have it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-MDR-...450574?hash=item25a47d144e:g:36oAAOSwv0tU6Hez

TBH at that price I would grab those. They review quite well, and tbh would kick the crap out of the Senns. I would rather use plastic cups and string than those Senns.

3. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

lol beaten to it.

What I was going to link to, VaultTec already had.

4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Alternatively you could go for Sennheiser RS-160, RS-170 or RS-180. They do not pick up interference because they are using digital (non-Bluetooth) connection - specifically Kleer wireless audio.

5. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

:lol: They aint great, but a) I didn't pay for them (they was a present), and b) the person who "bought" them as a present didn't pay for them - don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Thanks for the suggestion, eminently affordable, and I have a pair of Sony Bluetooth headphones for music on my phone so am happy with the brand.

Now to run them past SWMBO.... wish me luck!

Hmm interesting, shame they're so far out of budget; and for a pair of headphones that get used once or twice a week at most - probably wont get past SWMBO.