1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Wireless Mouse's, Can You Use Them For PC's?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gtiboy, 21 Mar 2009.

1. gtiboy

gtiboy Minimodder

Are Wireless mouse's soley for laptops? and can you use them instead or a corded mouse?

Also why do they lable them as a notebook mouse, not for use with pc's?

2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Generally, notebook mice are smaller, as part of an overall portable package. They function in exactly the same way and can be used with desktop PCs.

Corded or cordless, again doesn't matter; this one's personal preference as well :)

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

**Looks around to make sure Joe isn't there

but dont try using them for gaming, they suck

**Satisfied with his trolling, he can leave this thread with his mind at peace

4. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

Unless you are a gamephile, you won't notice it.

5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I find it impossible not to notice. 1 second of use in windows and I feel the delay. Anyway, I will stop there as I don't have any argument beside the fact that I can feel the lag :)

6. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Maybe a cheap a** wireless mouse?

7. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Just make sure it's not some interface you don't have on your PC, like Bluetooth.

8. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I have a wireless mouse on my desktop. Logitech revolution. Once goodbytes pointed out to me that there is software you can get for it other than what logitech makes I started to like it.
    Lately I have noticed that it will stop responding for a second or two which can really screw up first person shooters. Or any other game for that matter. I dont know if its the mouse or not. I'm going to be getting another hard drive soon and will reinstall vista when I do. hopefully that clears it up.

9. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

even a Logitech VX Revolution has some lag to it. I have to use a certian mousepad with it when i play Halo so i dont shoot myself in the foot...

@chrisb2e9, its the mouse or the receiver. Rule out interference with the receiver, then get a good mouse mat and clean out the optics if its open like the VX Revolution is... solves my problem when im gaming... just blow out the hole and works fine...

10. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

no. wireless mice are used exclusively for notebooks. if you try to use one on a desktop PC, a little elf pops out of the mouse and swears at you in a high pitched elvish language, then slaps you and burns your house down.

notatoad and mm vr like this.
  11. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

-1... kid doesnt know what hes talking about... its a gnome not an elf, get your facts straight Fod :hehe:

but like others have said, regardless of the quality/price of your mouse... there WILL be some lag, its a simple matter of connection via signal rather than direct line. But if your not gaming its not as noticeable. I don't usually like wireless stuff because they require batteries. However there are a few higher end items (at least there used to be) that i have seen that do not. The mouse is wireless but it comes with a wired mouse pad. And the mouse doesnt use batteries because it takes its power from the mouse pad via 2 induction coils and electromagnetic signals.

in terms of your question... yes, wireless mice can be used on whatever computer will accept the connection/software if there is any

12. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

How on earth could a gnome fit in? It's got to be an elf!

Maybe it's because I don't twitch game (comes from drinking cups of tea rather than Jolt or Red Bull, I guess) but I don't notice any lag on my G7. I guess the elf inside must be on Red Bull.

13. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

haha, no way... gnomes are way smaller than elfs, its definitely a gnome.

but its not so much a matter of the so called "twitch." its just with faster paced games after long use on a wired mouse and quickly switching to a wireless I could certainly tell the difference. especially a mouse like the Razer Copperhead where it never "sleeps."

in games that don't require the speed its not so noticable (aka RTS, RPGs, MMOs, etc etc.) In these kinds of games much more of the speed of a experienced player comes from the keyboard rather than the mouse. With FPSs your primary is your mouse

again though, just one mans opinion :)

14. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

Agreed. I "upgraded" from a G9 to a G5. It's cheaper, wired, and I noticed the difference right away.