1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks wireless network question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fusen, 28 Jan 2005.

1. Fusen

Fusen New Member

just moved house and getting new adsl line installed but the only telephone jacks are down stairs and both pc's are upstairs, I have a wap54g access point and a befdsr41w modem/router and was wondering if I need a pc on the main port on the router or can I use the ap on the main port and just have both pc's on wireless so I wont have any pc near the jack... thanks

2. ben_wad

ben_wad New Member

you looser get a life a stop askin stupid questions

3. Boldar

Boldar Member

It should work, I've installed BB straight from the router to a Wired network switch at the customers insistance despite repeated warnings about firewalls. Perhaps I could make money clearing out the virus's/spyware!! or perhaps he gets everything he deserves.

4. trigger

trigger Procrastinator

Yes, you can have the access point on the switch, and the PCs then connecting via wireless (as long as both PCs have WLAN card of course!). Not sure what ben_wad's problem is...

5. Fusen

Fusen New Member

lol ben is a boy sitting behind me in my science lesson... no harm =

thanks for answer aswell

6. dubskies

dubskies New Member

yea ben dont be a dick wheres yours?got NONE?

yea u shoulb be ok, use a hub if u got one because the built in firewall on routers, but u can also configure it i dont know exactly how but i had the same problem, the way to configure it is to go into Iexplorer and type in youre ip address i think but all you gotta do it plug the modem into the wan on the router and restart the router(take power off for 15 seconds) plug it back in then restart all computers this may or may not help but good luck!

7. gamesaregood

gamesaregood Well-Known Member

Hello,

Yes should work fine :). From experiance you might need to set it up connected to wired first though.

Michael

Tags: