1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wisdom Teeth

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 11 Mar 2006.

1. madmodder

madmodder What's a Dremel?

I regret nothing!

I thought it was just perscription drugs were illegal to distribute amonst other people. But nm.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Sorry mate, I didnt read it properly and thought they WERE perscription :blush:

OOOPS :D

3. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Vodka is the only medication that actually works, and you can use it for almost any ailment! :D

4. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

I"m on strong antibiotics now. I should have a dentist appointment monday though to get it pulled.

5. Strategy

Strategy Banned

Pansy! Get yourselfs to tool shed, arm yourself with a nice pair of pliers, and do your worst!

6. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

I believe Codeine is actually metabolised to morphine, and is therefore basically just like having low-dose morphine. I'm not sure whether you can just take loads of codeine and get high, I doubt it, otherwise it wouldn't be sold over the counter. It'd make you hella constipated, though. Although surely you chemist types can work out a way of changing that pesky methyl group?

And yeah, you can buy Co-codamol OTC. There's some Neurofen (sp?) Max or something that is just branded Co-codamol and it's really expensive, but you can just get the generic stuff - much cheaper. Any chemist should have it. And obviously get yourself to a dentist asap. If it's really bad I would imagine you could pop down to A&E and get some pain relief, but I don't know about that.

7. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

i hope your joking.

is this from the teeth coming in or do they not have enough room to come in. that case your option is to get them removed.

I was lucky, since i got mine out when i was 16 since they were perpendicular to the normal way teeth come out and had to be surigcally removed.

I would seriously get a dentist to look at it asap as there could be unforseen complications :( which would royally suck.

Also instead of using ice cubes, take some old, but clean table cloths, make them damp, place them in a ziploc bag and freeze them. they stay colder alot longer than ice cubes do. I used them to keep swelling down when i ever had dentistry / oral surgery. Trust me i have it all done :(.

Good Luck with this.

8. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

Well, your first problem, Bindi, is that you're taking percacet, which in just about any dosage, is relatively ineffective. After each one of my surgeries, I didn't take it because I found out relatively early that a double shot of Ny-Quil was a lot more effective. Your best best is to stay in a semi-conscious state while experiencing your pain.

9. Theo

Theo What's a Dremel?

Yes you can, and this is most likely the reason why it's only sold in low-dose combination pills. However, extractions have become quite popular with recreational users to remove the Paracetamol.

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea, its a pro-drug.

I was supprised by the para-aspirin mix seemed to work well enough to allow me to sleep at least and the pain has sorta subsided, for now...

11. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

whisky is good, i suggest that.

you dont really want paracetemol or any other drug accidentaly nipping into your bloodstram a bit early through the gum where your teeth are coming thru.

and i feel your pain, wisdom teeth suck arse.

pz

12. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

Whooohooo! No more pain for me! Cost me $118 but I got that tooth pulled at the first available time today. I feel so much better even though the extraction hurt and it felt like he broke my jaw.

13. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

I'm concerned about anyone who has had bodily parts removed and enjoyed it. Glad you got rid of the pain though.

:thumb:

14. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

It's a relief when it's been torturing you for days/weeks. Trust me.

15. JCG

JCG What's a Dremel?

What till day 3, that was the worst day for me ;)

16. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

I've had one of my other wisdom teeth removed before and also a couple of others (lesson be learned kids... get an abcessed tooth treated immediately unless you want to lose all the teeth surrounding it as well) so getting them removed doesn't bother me the slightest.

17. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

true, i know that feeling, becuase of abcess, i have had 3 root canals on the same tooth which resulting in it being pulled and another about a year later on the tooth beside it :(.

Also if left unchecked abcess has the ability to cause infections which could result in death :(. and no i'm not making it up.

18. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

Abcesses in the top front teeth can also apparently lead to brain tumors as well. Important note guys, make sure your oral health is in good standing and your teeth are cavity free. Cavities can really mess with your heart.

19. fatty

fatty Minimodder

I remember having my wisdom teeth out one at the back right and the one next to it had to come out, but the bone had grown in between the two teeth so they had to crunch and file down the bone :) they they threw in some stiches just for good measure

20. The cheapskate

The cheapskate One custom title before Matty

Whisky. I kid you not, ive had many problems with my teeth, and in the end had to get 2 pulled (right at the front) and it got to the point were i just drank. if u judge it right ure intoxicated enough not to the feel the pain.

Really if you cant cope, drink. then get the dam thing pulled :)