1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Witcher 3 or Mass Effect 3?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by greypilgers, 9 Oct 2011.

?

What are you looking forward to most?

1. The Witcher 3

18 vote(s)
    30.5%
  2. Mass Effect 3

41 vote(s)
    69.5%
  1. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

Hello gents and ladies...

Curiosity question: All things being equal - what would/are you looking forward to most and why?

The Witcher 3

or

Mass Effect 3?

For me - Although I LOVE the antics of Commander Shepherd, by the way quality of game has progressed over the first one, I would have to say I would look forward to Witcher 3 the most.
    Any thoughts?

2. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Mass Effect 3.

The Witcher 2 was a great game but i felt it lacked in RPG progression.

With ME2 I could choose all the various different classes and then upgrade their powers accordingly (Single Target, AoE, Cooldown, Utility etc.). Which made each playthrough feel different to the last.

With The Witcher 2, the variation through dialogue in the story was greater (excellent in fact), however when it came down to the gameplay, i felt it came up a little short. It never seemed to make me change how i play, only make me more effective at what i was already doing... to that extent i have to admit i prefered Dragon Age 2 where i was constantly learning new abilities and partnered with Cross-Class combos it made combat much more engaging.

Of course, this could all improve in The Witcher 3, however it's not really been announced, nor shown. So i can only judge based on what i've seen of Mass Effect 3, which looks like more Mass Effect awesome-ness.

3. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

Witcher 3, Mass Effect 2 apart from combat was a step down from Mass Effect 1 imo.

"“One of the things that Ray Muzyuka and the team up in Edmonton have done is essentially step-by-step adjust the gameplay mechanics and some of the features that you'll see at E3 to put this in a genre equivalent to shooter-meets-RPG and essentially address a much larger market opportunity than Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 began to approach.”

“We're huge believers in the IP and are purposefully shifting it to address a larger market opportunity.”

so it looks like ME3 is going to be dumbed down even further, not really looking forward to it tbh.

4. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Fully expect the witcher 3 to be a better game, however I do really, really want to know how the Mass effect series is going to end.

5. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Witcher. It's not for girls.

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

7. Metaporic

Metaporic Minimodder

The Mass Effect series will end like this - Commander Shepard will have sex with a Reaper and create a Zebra who will then go on to become the catalyst for peace between the Reapers and the Council races. At first the Council refuses to listen to this Zebra, but after Commander Shepard spends enough points in his Charisma rating, he is able to persuade the council to listen. The final scene will show a reaper and Shepard holding the hands of a young Zebra walking off into the sunset.

Seriously though, as much as I enjoyed ME1 and to a lesser extent ME2. If there just going to further dumb down what is already a simplified game for ME3, I am going to be truly disappointed

I will likely end up getting ME3 regardless, but if I had to choose between ME3 or The Witcher 3, id defo go for the Witcher 3, in my opinion its likely to be a all round better game and the developers are true to there fans, they wont sell us down river to meet a larger audience, plus they give out free content updates, no paying for DLC etc...

8. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I need to play ME2 still, but I can't decide to take the plunge. I don't like the idea that it won't be as rpg like as the 1st. But then, I haven't played the frist in a while and I don't think it was that much of an rpg really <It certainly wasn't it's strong point. More a good story, so perhaps the 2nd will be better.

9. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

Mass Effect 3, already rather excited.

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

MASS EFFECT 3.

We will be blinded by its awesomeness.

11. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

ME 3 only because it will be out sooner

12. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

ME3, because I pre-ordered it 30 minutes into playing ME2

13. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

ME3, although the missions in ME2 did get a little samey after a while...

14. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Witcher !!!!!:D

15. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

The structure of ME2 was identical to ME1 and from what the devs have said ME3 will be exactly the same. Disappointing.

16. knarF

knarF Noob

I've never bothered to play any Mass Effect games, they look sort of cool i guess, but i'm enjoying The Witcher 2 so much right now that i've got to go for that.

17. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

ME3, do I even have to say why?

18. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Buttsecks innit

19. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

ME3.

The Witcher 3 will likely end up being the better RPG of the two as ME3 is more about action. But ME3 will be the game I play again and again and again. And quite honestly I care more about the characters in the Mass Effect universe than the Witcher universe.

20. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

That's tough - ME2 was one of the most boring games I have ever played, like DA2 did with DAO, they took everything out that was good about ME1 and replaced it with a 3rd rate shooter. The Witcher 2 was spoiled by boss fights - totally out of place in an RPG.

If they promise no boss fights then I would plump for Witcher 3.