1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Women gamers more likely to be befriended online by being polite

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Pistol Puppy, 17 Jun 2014.

1. Pistol Puppy

Pistol Puppy What's a Dremel?

2. Soylent Red

Soylent Red What's a Dremel?

They needed a study to conclude that gamers would accept in-game friend requests from women?!

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

What worries me more is that the study found "the opposite was true for men with their friend requests more likely to succeed if they had been more verbal and aggressive."

Is it just me that wouldn't care if it was a man or a woman, if they talk rubbish and come across aggressive i wouldn't want to know. Gender shouldn't effect how you react to someone.

4. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Meh, seems to me like typical ape derived human behaviour. Young males prefer passive women who wont kick their ass and aggressive males that can help them dominate.

5. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Girls play games? ;-)

6. HeaverNothing

HeaverNothing Professional Idiot

I think men and women gamers more likely to be befriended online by being polite. If someone is being a c*nt I wouldn't like them no matter their gender.

7. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

I tend to find people don't notice others online unless they're being dicks tbh. I bet they receive more friend requests to begin with. Certainly I have some friends who love to BM ingame, I'm always astounded by how much attention they get (why they do it I guess), never been my thing, but I can understand it somewhat. It's almost a simple parallel to real life really.

8. rayson

rayson Damn sure it was legal

they played cod and most likely on console? aka new term -> (doesn't relate to me.)

9. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Playing GuildWars2, the playerbase is fairly 50-50, and usually what happens is:
    Males befriend usually when they're more aggressive on Teamspeak, but there are limits (note: Kid Inkk).
    Females however are usually only befriended when they're "nice".

Tags: Add Tags