1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Working conditions poor in other Rockstar studios

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Jan 2010.

1. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Long hours & high productivity are not the same thing.

There are many places where being seen to be at your desk is all that matters, irrespective of whether or not you're actually achieving anything. Add to that, the longer & more sustained the workload the lower the quality of output.

Maybe the rockstar guys are just marking their timesheets, or maybe they really are heavily overworked - we'd have to be there to know.

2. sHr0oMaN

sHr0oMaN What's a Dremel?

If you don't treat your slaves..err...employees properly soon no one will want to work for you.
    Thus you end up hiring bad developers or outsourcing to Badcodeopolis and your games become bug-ridden running sewers of pain and soon you have no company.
    This is bad for the industry. And for gamers.
    Many people in game development do it because they love it. Money etc is mostly incidental. But treat them badly, and soon they'll rather gnaw off their fingers than write more code for the Bossman.
    As gamers, we should be supportive of the people creating the games. Else we'll eventually stop being gamers.

3. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

And the people creating the games are the coders etc not the Bossmen. So how about a boycott of Rockstar untill they come out and apologize/mend their ways?

4. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

I smell Dr. Davis' hand at work here, everything he touches turns to turds. Yes we still remember how you fracked up the Star Trek license with that golden poop you called Legacy.
    Dr. Davis should be driven from the industry, maybe go to a 3rd world country where his lack of compassion, competence and humanity are appreciated.

I just knew he would infect Rockstar with his disease.

Yours in disgust,
    Star*Dagger

5. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

is it just me or is a recurring theme around the gaming industry

other than that this is appalling if they need more developers hire them its not like there won't be plenty around. 14 - 16hr days 7 days a week (i really hope they are being paid for this)

6. Xir

Xir Modder

I thought that's the recipe for turning into EA? :D

7. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

There are bad managers and bad companies in the US games development community, this group has both qualities.
    I'd say more but they would start filing suit, expect a "reorganization" or all out bankruptcy. No one I know in the industry wants to work for them or the infamous Dr. Davis.

Tags: Add Tags